LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prashant charpe (JUNIOR ENGINEER)     05 March 2016

Itr not filed for previous year

I HAVE A QUERRY THAT ONE OF MY FRIEND IS AGOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE AND HE HAS NOT FILED HIS INCOME TAX RETURN FOR THE YEAR 2012-13 & 2013-14. HE GOT A LETTER FOR THE SAME FROM INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT.

PLEASE GUIDE WETHER HE CAN CAN NOW FILE HIS INCOME TAX FOR ABOVE YEAR. HE HAS NO INCOME SOURCE OTHER THAN SALARY AND TDS IS DEDUCTED EVERY MONTH FROM HIS SALARY.

DOES HE HAS TO PAY ANY EXTRA PENALTY?

Learning

3 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     05 March 2016

1. Not filing a I.T. return if the income is less and not taxable is O.K. and if TDS was deducted then if you have not claimed any return then it is also o.k. Meet the I.T. Officer and carify the sitauation. Penalty if any imposed can be prayed to be wavied.

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     05 March 2016

1. Not filing a I.T. return if the income is less and not taxable is O.K. and if TDS was deducted then if you have not claimed any return then it is also o.k. Meet the I.T. Officer and carify the sitauation. Penalty if any imposed can be prayed to be wavied.

jaya   12 March 2016

Dear Sir/ madam,

I am Female, 60yrs age.

I am Not an IT assesse.

I had last filed my return in the Asst.year 2010-2011 & in that year my total income was Below Exemption Limit.

For the Subsequent years, i had Not filed IT returns as my Total income was below Exemted Limit.

I have reced a letter from ITO two days back, asking me to file the returns for the Asst.years 2011-12 To 2014-15 within 10days.

I was under the impression that if One's income is Less than Exempted limit, He/She has the option of Not filing the return.

Also, if i have to file the return now, can i do it Online E-File.

Which IT Form i should use for the previous years & for Current Financial year.( asst.yr 2016-17)

Can i file in Compliance mode.

Or, can i send a Simple letter to ITO informing that my Total income is Less than exempted.

Infact, i have No income being a House wife.

Any other point i have to take into consideration.

Is there any Penalty/Fine

Thanks for your time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register