Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NM (j)     25 December 2014

It act 66a


My wife was having an illicit relationship from her colleague, as per one of her chat with him. After I come to know about this, she stopped taking my phones, msgs, emails etc and also stopped allowing me to her home. She further stated herself to be unmarried in the some other chats.

After this, I have written a fake matrimonial mail offering fake grooms name for her, so that her present marital status can be ascertained, as she is declaring herself to be un married.

I have already confessed it, and she has registered a case under section 66A of IT act.

My wife had filed a divorce petition and later we have filed a joint divorce petition under section 13(B) HMA.

What I do now? kindly help.


 1 Replies

cyberlawyer (barrister)     30 December 2014

Hello OP

You yourself have stated that you both chose mutual consent divorce. If she is willing to give divorce what is the problem for you ?. You have ample evidence to prove that your wife is not of a good character and she has lied to others about her marital status with a view to have illicit relationship. Now what is that you are worried about ?. One time settlement, right ?. Dont heed to her demand. Fight the case and dont pay a penny if you have materials sufficient to prove fornication.

I am doubtful as to how your act of misrepresentation fell within the ambit of sec. 66A of the IT Act.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query