LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T.N.REDDY (Propreitor)     09 July 2021

issue of legal notice

Sir, I am an advocate practicing taxation. But in certain situations my clients are also requesting to give the legal notice to my client’s customers wherever Money is due to my clients as my clients customers are not paying due to their  personal issues but not fault of my clients. So, can I proceed to issue the legal notices as I am able to draft the notices referring certain sections/rules/regulations of the concerned laws.

Kindly advise.


 7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 July 2021

Yes sir. certainly, you can.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 July 2021

As an advocate, you are aware of the fact that issuing such legal notice is fundamental as the reply notice serves as admissions or denials to prepare plaint suitably.  It appears that your clients may be of Finance companies or private lenders and wanted to use the notice to bring pressure or a threat to borrowers.  Your clients may be under the impression that those borrowers will get frightened and come to repay the amounts.  There is nothing wrong in agreeing with the client's notice.

In the following link, there is such a well-crafted format of notice and you can modify the notice to suit your requirements.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 July 2021

Certainly you can. But what is the context for your doubt?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 July 2021

I endorse the advise of experts, you can issue legal notice on behalf of your clients

Kevin Moses Paul   13 July 2021

As per your query, let me tell you that a legal notice is essentially a notice sent by an advocate on the behalf of his/her client. It has nothing to do with your specialization (be it taxation, criminal or civil). Thus, you're free to send the notice, there's no issue in that.

Kevin M. Paul

T.N.REDDY (Propreitor)     29 July 2021

sir. I would like to further update in continuation with the above info that I have passed my LLB in the year 2018 and got enrolled with the bar council of the state of telangana, Hyderabad on 14/02/2019, hence I am holding right now provisional certificate of enrollment as advocate and all India bar exam is yet to pass.
now my doubt is after giving the notice to the client, if situatuon warrants to make a civil suit, can I also file the civil suit and appear before the court of law. because I am not holding the certificate of practice. kindly advise.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 July 2021

You have enrolled on 14-02-2019.  The license will be issued for 5 years and before completion of the 5th year that means after completion of period 4 years and 6 months you have to submit an application for renewal of practice.  So you can file and can argue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register