Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashokgagorni (general manager)     03 May 2011

issue of Form C for Cement

Respected Sirs,

I am planning to setup a Garment Manufacturing plant in INDORE - M P. 
I will be purchasing, Steel, Cement, etc for construction of factory building and will also
be purchasing Plant and Machinery for the factory. 
I intended to examine whether I can issue Form C for the same.

Your valuable guidance is solicited for the same.

Learning

9 Replies

SUMIT AGARWAL (DY MGR (FINANCE) )     07 May 2011

What is eligible is goods use in manufacture or processing for sale and the same is required to be incorporated in the CST Registration certificate.

Plant and machinery used for the manufacture of garments are eligible for purchase at concessional sales tax against C forms . However building Materials like cement and steel are not eligible as building itself is not a plant and hence it is not eligible.

ashokgagorni (general manager)     07 May 2011

Respected Sirs,

I am planning to setup a Garment Manufacturing plant in INDORE - M P. 
I will be purchasing, Steel, Cement, etc for construction of factory building/factory plant and will also
be purchasing Plant and Machinery for the factory. 
I intended to examine whether I can issue Form C for the same.

Your valuable guidance is solicited for the same.

SUMIT AGARWAL (DY MGR (FINANCE) )     08 May 2011

Building materials used as raw materials forconstruction of "plant" cannot be said to be used as plant in the manu-facture of the goods. The Legislature has contemplated that the goods toqualify under section 8(3)(b) must be intended for use as raw materials oras plant, or as equipment in the manufacture or processing of goods and itcannot be said that the building materials fall within this descripttion.

You can purchase plant & machibnery against C forms

PATNANA RAMESH (Dy.Manager (Indirect Taxes))     28 May 2011

you have to include all these materials in your CST registration, then department will give acknowledgement for the same with that you can issue form "C", I have issued form "C" for steel but there is no objection for the same.

Dillip Kumar Panigrahi (Service)     06 June 2011

Conditions for Form- C stipulates re-sasle, for use as raw material etc. Purchasing cement for construction of plant building will violate the stipulated condition and may warrent penal action. As an alternative you can purchase the same with in your State and claim input tax credit on Capital Goods under VAT Act if so provided in the State VAT Act. Pl. verify.

M.V.GIRI (ADVOCATE & TAX CONSULTANT)     26 June 2011

you can not purchase cement against 'C' forms. But you can purchase machinery against 'C' forms

VINOD KHANDE (manager-commercial)     14 July 2011

Yes Form 'C' can be issued against interstate purchase of Cement. if it is used for foundation

of any plant and machinery 

Haresh Bhanushali (Profession)     20 November 2012

Dear Mr. Vinod, as said by you Cement used for foundation of plant and machinery can be purchased against C Form. Can you please let me know how we justiy or convince the same to the Sales Tax Officer. Section 8(3)(b) will not permit, hence I need some justification.

Thanks,

Haresh

Abhishek (Advisor )     13 February 2014

Nature of Business COnstruction Status : Partnership or Propreitor Facts : Purchase Raw material for construction of Resedential complex. like Cement , Tiles,marbles , granites and other raw materials which are used for completing the construction activity , Assesse is charginf VAt to customer at 1% composite scheme for builder Query ?Whether Assesse can issue C form for same to supplier (Whether MVAT department will issue C form to Assess so that he can offer for purchase against form C)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register