Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sangeeta   25 March 2015

Is this be termed as sexual harrasment

Respected people,

My husband is going through a mental turmoil as there is a female at his office who had logged a case of s*xual harassment against him with the internal committe.

Copy of the complaint was given to us after requesting them so that he can prepare his answers accordingly.

In the complaint it is mentioned that he offer her for a coffee and pick and drop (to and fro from office) some times. There were few points against other team members as well but nothing much.

Can this be termed as s*xual haressment ?

She produced some whatsapp chat msgs in front of the committe which says the same thing but not pointing out of any advances or favours.

Please suggest as he need to revert to the committe.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

sangeeta   25 March 2015

Thanks Raj Ji for the early response.

But first you and others are requested to suggest. Can this be termed as a s*xual harassment case ?

Secondly, internal committe is looking in to the case. What should be our response to them ?

Please suggest.

Thanks

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     25 March 2015

1. The internal committee would examine the complaint. From what you have  mentioned this does not amount to s*xual harassment. He will be set free. There is no need to file any complaint u/s 498-A I.P.C. against your husband or that girl. Some one has given a wild suggestion.

sangeeta   25 March 2015

Thanks Rohit Ji, But if this does not fall under the bracket of s*xual harassment. Then I am sure internal committee members should be aware of that. Why are they fuelling it or why cannot they reject it out rightly? What would be outcome of it (tentative)? Thanks

sangeeta   25 March 2015

Thanks Rohit Ji, But if this does not fall under the bracket of s*xual harassment. Then I am sure internal committee members should be aware of that. Why are they fuelling it or why cannot they reject it out rightly? What would be outcome of it (tentative)? Thanks

R.G. Singh (Intern)     25 March 2015

Ms. Sangeeta, the ICC (Internal Complaints Committee)  is supposed to investigate each complaint( Sec 11, Prevention of Sexual Harassment Act). Infact, it is in your benefit that she has gone to ICC instead of filing a criminal complaint. You should fully cooperate with the ICC and all the acts mentioned by you are completely within an office culture and nowhere can be termed s*xual harassment in nature.

Please note that whatever the lady may complain right now would be documented and she cannot retract or add anything more to it when nothing comes out of it and if she approaches to criminal court.

Please be aware that under the above act, sec 14, there is a provision of punishment of false complaint.

Your hubby needs lots of mental support, please give your full support to him in this moment of crisis.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register