Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pooja (mom)     17 June 2014

Is there any law to protect my child

Respected legal fraternity,

This is further to the discussion I have been having on this forum since last 1 year.

I will quickly explain in short. Husband left home 2 years back and started pressurizing for divorce through legal notices from lawyers. I filed RCR to bring him back. In response to it, he filed a divorce petition against me in court.

I am not at all ready for divorce and have tried all possible ways out for a re-conciliation. He is settled abroad now and I stay alone in my matrimonial home in india with my daughter. We finished a lot of conselling sessions and mediation too. But he is as firm for a divorce as i am firm for a re-conciliation. I am willing to live life as per his terms and conditions. Ours is a love marriage of 16 years.

Now his parents have broken all contacts with me and my daughter. I am fine with all this, because it is natural on the part of a boy's family to support their son and not their daughter-in-law. But I am not able to tolerate this injustice being meted out to my daughter.

Do I have a legal remedy to stop this injustice to her. I have been encouraging her to keep good relations with all of them because I dont want the child to suffer when she is not at fault. I have been trying to avoid any kind of allegations on them so far. I haven't levelled any charges against them because I am keen on making the relationship work.

But now it is getting a bit too much. Can anyone please advice how do i exercise legal rights for my child.

Learning

3 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     17 June 2014

What rights do you want for your child?

Pooja (mom)     18 June 2014

What I was trying to ask is  this. Is there any way I can protect my child from going through mental torture by my in-laws. Is there a law where I can file a case on my in-laws for neglecting / ignoring their own grandchild.

They have a right to break relations with me because their son himself is not wanting to keep our marriage alive. But why should the child be made to suffer ? Can they not be loving to the child atleast ?

abhi.nahi.to.kabhi.nahi (IT Head)     19 June 2014

Your's is an exact "vice versa" case of what is normally seen here, regarding the child. If they actually loved the child, they would not desert. That is all i can say.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register