LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M.RAMESH.NAIK (CEO)     29 January 2015

Is there a provison to challenge false case in trial court

I  had  acted  as  a facilitator  in  a  site  sale  transaction in  year  2012 . the  money  was  paid  via  me  by  buyer  to  seller. i  received cheques  from  buyer  and  paid seller  by  cheques.since  the  sale  was  found illegal  i  demanded  refund from  seller. meanwhile  buyer  entered into  a agreement  with  me  and  authorised  me  to  take  all  legal  steps  to  recover  money  from  seller  on  his  behalf.i  issued  3  undated cheques  to  buyer  for  refund  of money   due  from  seller  and  took  back  to  back  cheques  from  seller. one  cheque  got  encashed by  buyer  and  remaining  two  cheques  payment  was  to  be  made  as  and  when  money  is  recovered  from  seller  .  suddenly  in  2014   the  buyer   wrote  date  in  cheques  himself  and  presented  to  bank  without  my  knowledge  and consent. the  cheque s got  bounced  and  buyer  filed  a  criminal  case  under  section  138  NI  act.  the  court  issued  summons.  the  points  to  be  note d is  that  legal  notice  served to  me was  unsigned  and  not  signed by  lawyer.  both  the undated  cheques  were  issued  2  years  ago   and proof  of  date  of  receipt  of  cheques  by  buyer  is  mentioned in  agreement  /authorization  given  to  me. the cheques  presented by  complainant (buyer)  to  bank  were  barred  by mandatory  time  limitation  of  6  months .

in  view  of  above  i  wish  to  know  can  i  challenge  the  case  before   trial  court  by  submitting  all  above evidence  available  to  me  before  framing  of  charges  and  get  acquital  in  teh  case.pl  give  me  any  recent  judgements  avaialble.under  what  provisions  i  can  challenge the  case  before   framing  of  charges  commences  in  trial  court    .also  complainant  ha s  lied  about  many  matters  in  his  affidavit  for  which  i  have  documentary  evidence.kindly  help  me  please.

Learning

1 Replies

DAULAT DILBAUG (Problems related to money marriage matters.-dostnaye@gmail.com)     29 January 2015

1) cheque law is short and it is not like any other criminal or civil case.

2) Complainant has to prove that it was the cheque of the accused and bounced for want of funds. This is enough for convication.

Since the law mandates that when cheque was given it was against a legal liability.

3) All your arguments in the attached document will go against you.

THE CHEQUE CASES HAVE TO BE CONTESTED ON TECHNICAL ISSUES ONLY.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register