LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

haren   08 April 2017

Is stamp duty payable twice if flat number is corrected

Hi I had purchased a flat from a developer and got my stamp duty paid and sale deed registered in June 2015. The property is in Mumbai at Andheri. However the flat number mentioned in the sale deed was erroneously put as 1202 instead of 1702 which I noticed in April 2017. The area of flat and measurements remain same. 1. Can I get this corrected through a rectification deed or a correction deed? 2. Do I need to repay full stamp duty & registration​ charges for this correction or are there nominal charges for the same? 3. What is the procedure involved? 4. How is the developer going to be involved in this process? 5. What are the formalities and paperwork involved in this? Thanks & Regds Haren


 5 Replies

shrenik (lawyer)     08 April 2017

No stamp.duty Only make rectificaTion deed on 100 rs stamp paper And obv u need develper sign on rectificTion deed
1 Like

Praveen Kumar (Intern Lawyer)     08 April 2017

Dear Harren, 

You don't need to pay stamp duty twice. Consult the concerned authority they will assist you in the correction procedure of flat number.

shrenik (lawyer)     09 April 2017

If u want i will prepare rectificTion deed for you

Sri Vijayan.A (Legal Consultant)     09 April 2017

Just a rectification deed is enough for you.

Stamp duty is very trivial. Need not to pay again.

haren   10 April 2017

Thankyou so much for your response Shrenijik, Praveen Kumarji & Sri Vijayanji. My papers have 1202 & 12th floor written at more than one place in the agreement document including on the floor plan copy attached with it. Is it still possible to correct the same to a new unit number without paying the complete stamp duty again? My developer has already agreed for rectification but says full stamp duty would be payable. Is this correct? If not, is there some specific format / draft of rectification deed that needs to be followed for the correction?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register