LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Engineer)     02 September 2013

Is section 127 crpc prospective or retrospective in nature?

Hello Experts,

Being husband i had moved the application u/s 127 CrPC against the 125 CrPC Interim Orders. 

I just want to know about the nature of this order u/s 127 CrPC. Like the order in this section 127 CrPC is

Prospecive (Date of Order) or Retrospective in Nature (Date of Application)?


Any citation for same being Retrospective in favor of applicant/husband will be of great help ...


 7 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     02 September 2013

1.    The Order directing the enhancement or reduction of maintenance amount can stand only from the date of the Order and not from the date of the Application.   

Already replied under Criminal Laws forum. Suggest to put same query under Civil Laws and Expert sections too!


Any change in any Act/Laws/order which is of such a nature that is disadvantageous or punitive to either of the concerning parties always comes into picture with prospective effect.Thus when maintenance originally granted,it can be either from date of order or date of application as it referred to natural justice,but any change which shall be obviously affect either of them shall always be prospective.


Dear Rahul,

unlike 125 crpc maintenance which may stand from either on date of application or may be from date of order,the 127 crpc under change of financial status to reduce/increase maintenance stands only from date of order. You may search the citations from



Rahul (Engineer)     03 September 2013

Dear Sufferer & other Members,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

As a litigant & a harrassed person of Dowry Law. My financial situation was changed in year 2010 & i submitted application in year 2011.

Now its 2013 & pleadings are already complete in 127. Still MM has asked for Evidence & Witness stage for both 127 & 125 case and in the

meanwhile the petitioner wife had moved the Transfer petition in ACMM court to just change the MM in the same district court by making false

allegations against MM as a delay tactics to avoid her Cross Examination & make more 125(3) Executions.


Now suppose the 127 order takes 2 more months then the don't you Legal system is slow in deciding the case as its already 2 years of 127 application.

It will be huge arrears as wife by misleading the court had achieved 25000 per month as a interim maintenanace & for same 340 is already filed.


How to get this matter solved Expediatously (fastly)?????

Munirathnam (Scientist)     04 September 2013

Dear All,


Wife supressed the facts of Job and other earning sources from Husband and court to get the favorable order from the court in CrPC-125 case. Later on the husband got evidence in support of such supression of facts on the earnings of the Wife. NOW what is the remeday available to the Husband for not to pay the EAARIERS amount (which is pending before the court) in CrPC-125 Case .....


Seems Section 127 of CrPC do not works for the eariers amount ..... but may work good from the date of Order .....

What is the Remedy to the Husband to protect in not paying the eariers amount.....

Rahul (Engineer)     04 September 2013



As per my understanding if Hon'ble Judge cancels the Previous order u/s 125(2) then i think arrears can be void as previous order is not sustainble.



Munirathnam (Scientist)     04 September 2013

I do not think so beacuse:


Say Interim/Final order is passed on 01/01/2010 .... husband di dnot pay amount till 01/12/2010 .... hence wife filed petition U/s 125(3) of CrPC on 02/12/2010 ....

Then wife joins job on 03/12/2010 .... then husband files petition U/s 127 of CrPC on 04/12/2010.


If court passes order on 24/12/2010 and cancels the Interim/Final Order then how could husbnad can say the wife is not entitled to get eariers from 01/01/2010 to 01/12/2010. .....?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query