LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemanth Rao (Proprietor)     09 March 2013

Is it necessary


Respected Experts,

An advocate in the roll of Andhra Pradesh State Bar Council, has shifted to Pune and have not registered his license to Maharashtra & Goa State Bar Council, but running his Law firm at Pune( Dealing with Tax Laws & Legal Advisory Services), does he need to get registered himself with Maharashtra & Goa State Bar Council.  Or he can continue the practice without doing so or he certainly have to transfer his License to Maharashtra & Goa State Bar Council.

I got this news that advocates only can appear before Income Tax Authorities, please go through the link below


Your advice is highly appreciated





 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 March 2013


Advocates Act, 1961


17. State Bar Councils to maintain roll of advocates-

(1) Every State Bar Council, shall prepare and maintain a roll of advocates in which shall be entered the names and address of –

(a) all persons who were entered as advocates on the roll of any High Court under the Indian Bar Councils Act, 1926 (38 of 1926) immediately before the appointed day [(Note:- Subs. by Act 60 of 1973, sec.14, for the work "and who within the prescribed time".) including persons, being citizens of India, who before the 15th day of August, 1947, were enrolled as advocates under the said Act in any area which before the said date was comprised within India as defined in the Government of India Act, 1935, and who at any time] express an intention in the prescribed manner to practice within the jurisdiction of the Bar Councils.

(b) all other persons who are admitted to be advocates on the roll of the State Bar Council under this Act on or after the appointed day.

(2) Each such roll of advocates shall consist of two parts, the first part containing the names of senior advocates and the second part, the names of other advocates.

Hemanth Rao (Proprietor)     10 March 2013


If so then what about this news...sir,

NEW DELHI, AUG 27, 2011: GOVERNMENT has said that it has notified Section 30 of the Advocates Act, 1961 recently enabling the lawyers to practice in courts across the country irrespective of their enrolment in any Bar Council without the need to transfer licence to their desired States.

Giving this information in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha, Mr Salman Khurshid, Minister of Law & Justice, said that subject to provision of the Advocates Act, 1961, every advocate whose name is entered in the State roll shall be entitled as of right to practice throughout the territories to which this Act extends. He informed the House that this section has come into force with effect from the 15th June, 2011.

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     13 March 2013


its enough to be registered with any state level bar council to do practice all over india. even you need not to member of pune bar association.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register