Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     30 January 2019

Is interim orders under domestic violence unconstitutional ?

Is Interim Orders or Interlocutory orders under Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act (PWDVA) Unconstitutional and Against Human Rights (UDHR)?        

PWDVA

I am writing this article by exercising my fundamental rights conferred by Article 19 sub section 1(a) of Constitution of India.

Please check the following link and its sub-links for UDHR in details: - 

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Interim-order-of-maintenance-u-s-125-crpc-unconstitutional--158134.asp

SECTION 23 OF POWER OF WOMEN FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ACT (PWDVA) IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND INHUMAN.

Dear Friends,

I have just seen the following judgement Calcutta High Court. -

Unless it is satisfactorily established that domestic violence has taken place neither any protection order under Section 18 nor any residence order under Section 19 nor any order for monetary relief under Section 20 nor any compensation order under Section 22 of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 should be passed.” (Calcutta HC)

The Supreme Court upheld this Calcutta High Court judgment which held that entitlement of a wife to claim residence in the shared household is only when she could establish domestic violence.

The Apex court bench comprising Justice L Nageswara Rao and Justice MR Shah dismissed a special leave petition filed by the 'wife' against Calcutta High Court order.
Judgement is attached.

Welcoming the said judgement my conclusion is -

1) Under Section 23 of PWDVA the judge has power to pass any such interlocutory/interim/ex-parte order based on prima facie only that violates Article 11 of UDHR .

============================================
Article 11: Right to the presumption of innocence
Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defense.
============================================

Here, the definition of "ORDER" is properly given U/S 2 (14) of Civil Procedure Code (CPC). i.e. -" order " - means the formal expression of any decision of a Civil Court which is not a decree. Hence it is interlocutory order where no direct evidence is involved for such concluded order.

2.) The basis of the provision under Section 152 of CPC that is interlocutory order is founded on the maxim in Latin i.e. - "actus curiae neminem gravabit" i.e. "an act of the court shall prejudice no one" - in English. However, interlocutory/interim orders under PWDVA the court prejudices women hence violates the said CPC.

=============================================
"Our basic concept of Jurisprudence that the 100 culprits may let go free but no innocent should be punished" - Supreme Court of India
=============================================

3) DVA violates Article 14 (Equality) and even Article 15(3) of Constitution of India as Article 15(3) gives NO POWER to discriminate based on gender on private properties (Husband's properties) as its limit lies within Article 15(1 & 2). Hence the Government transgressing into private properties by sections 19, 20, 22 and 23 of PWDVA which is unconstitutional.

Please cite this judgement of Supreme Court below along with aforesaid law points and file PIL in the Supreme Court of India. Best of Luck!.

Thanks,
Rocky Smith,

Please visit to my page bellow for law tips : -

News : - 

https://www.livelaw.in/news-updates/residence-order-only-if-domestic-violence-established-142495

6 Replies

TGK REDDI   31 January 2019

Hearty welcome to Shri Rocky Smith, an outstandingly excellent member of lawyersclubindia.

Martin S.   01 February 2019

Originally posted by : Rocky Smith
f

Instead of creating job opportunities, the Governments in India are giving rise to more parasites by stregthening these types of laws which help women feed on husbands money by sitting idle.

At least if men are provided better jobs where they get good payment which they can share in courts for alimony, rent, maintenance, then it will be helpful for growth of this nation in one sense.

But simply asking men to pay money without providing them enough sources to earn is partiality by the goverment of India.

Martin S.   01 February 2019

Originally posted by : Rocky Smith
f

Instead of creating job opportunities, the Governments in India are giving rise to more parasites by stregthening these types of laws which help women feed on husbands money by sitting idle.

At least if men are provided better jobs where they get good payment which they can share in courts for alimony, rent, maintenance, then it will be helpful for growth of this nation in one sense.

But simply asking men to pay money without providing them enough sources to earn is partiality by the goverment of India.

wonderful   09 February 2019

SIC! first understand and obsrve role of woman in home and society and econmic vaklue of her work which uk govt measured to 800 opounds oper month. How she bears chidre and brings then up you should understabd s.woman is foundation iof society otherise human race will come to end.cage your biased perception. may be you are wroged in past but you cant generalise

wonderful   09 February 2019

I hope you tell this to your mother .

TGK REDDI   09 February 2019

I disagree with every word -- nay -- every letter of the above Reply of Shri Prasanna.

He doesn't know the true avatar of a woman.

Stree buddhihi pralayantakaha.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query