Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Richa Sood (Engineer)     10 March 2014

Is fathers name mandatory in passport form

Hi,

I recently applied for passport re-issue under tatkaal category. I have a single parent. (My parents got divorced in 1988 and my custody is with my mother.) When i applied for a fresh passport in 2004, it was issued to me. The fileds Father's and Mother's name were filled with my mothers name only.

Now that i went for passport re-issue, the RPO said that father's name is a must. They will be validating documents like Divorce / Custody papers in police verification.

Please suggest, if fathers name is actually mandatory, for re-issuance of  passport??

Learning

8 Replies

KARAN SINGH (SERVICE)     11 March 2014

Dear madam ;

though i am not a legal advisor

but i would like to submit that can u change your father ?

if not; gracefully accept the law of nature and dont be so thankless to the person because of whom you dream so high today

regards

Richa Sood (Engineer)     12 March 2014

Hi Sir,

I understand what you suggested in the above post. However, it is not about being thankless.

RTI in this regard ,is what I seek through this post ,as I am facing issues with passport re-issue.

I believe this portal is not about emotions but practicality.

Thanks & Regards

Richa Sood

Northern Queen (Manager)     12 March 2014

Madam, please do as you are requested with regards to your passport. It is a legal document and any information held is strictly confidential. It is irrellevant what your opinion is about your father. Government officials are not interested in your feelings, they just want to know the simple and straight forward facts about you and do their Job so that accurate records are held. Just do as you are told. It's not rocket science!

Madam, please do as you are requested with regards to your passport. It is a legal document and any information held is strictly confidential. It is irrellevant what your opinion is about your father. Government officials are not interested in your feelings, they just want to know the simple and straight forward facts about you and do their Job so that accurate records are held. Just do as you are told. It's not rocket science!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register