Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay Reddy (Software Engineer)     29 June 2014

Irregular uds of apartments - is this legal?

I have recently bought an apartment which had  mentioned in the sale deed that I own 615 sft of UDS for a built up area of 1538 sft. However for other owners, the UDS was much bigger although they had smaller dimension flats ex: 1465 sft apt had 887 sft UDS.  Is this legal? Is there a way I can demand for more UDS now from the builder (it's almost a year since registration has happened). Please advise.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 June 2014

UDS or Undivided Share of land is the part of the land, awarded to the owner of a flat or flats in an apartment complex, on which the apartment complex sits.

Generally, it is in proportion to the nett SqFt of apartment space held by the owner. The sum of all such UDS allocated to all owners of flats in the apartment complex should closely match the size of land occupied by the whole apartment complex itself.

Vinay Reddy (Software Engineer)     29 June 2014

Thanks for the response. As you said, even I expected that it would be proportionate. It turned out that it's not.

My flat has almost 300 sft UDS less when compared to other flats and that seems like a huge loss.What is the way forward now? How can builder defend that a 1465 sft flat can have more UDS whereas 1538 sft flat has less UDS? Since this is some thing that I haven't bothered at the time of registration, is there any thing that can be done at all now?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register