LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajinkya Pimpale (BE Mech)     11 December 2013

Ipr scope for engineering background ??

I got lot of information about IPR from this site.... hope my queries will be solved too .

I have completed BE in Mechanical Engineering, and i came to know about IPR, i got to know about IPR from this site but what is scope in IPR for Engineering flied background once again i will asked and what should be my first step to go in this flied,

should i do post graduate diploma or certificate or whats else...

i came to know about this course from IGNOU, is it worth...have lots or question and queries...i like to discuss about this from experts.

waiting for your valuable replies and important guidance....

Learning

2 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     12 December 2013

Don't now the contents of the courses you are referring to. Logically speaking, your Engineering background would help when technicalities are being discussed, as would be often the case in Patents Law which talks of Patent being  " an exclusive  right granted to a person for a product or process which is new, has an inventive step and has Industrial Application " - so 2 out of 3 are connected to Engineering :-)

Having said that, IMHO one would also need a grounding in basics of Law as such ( Civil procedure Code, Law of Contracts etc., for example ) for which one needs to go through an LLB Course to begin with , AFAIK.

Hope of help. Would appreciate if you could post links to Courses you are considering....

sindhur.cs (IPR consultant)     23 December 2013

Hi There,

Being a Technical background, it would be a better option for you to pursue a PD Diploma in IPR and Patent management. If you have interest in this field, you can become a patent agent by attending patent agent exam which will held every year in all IPR jurisdiction centers across India. There will always be an enormous openings for a patent agents, Patent analyst in all reputed IP law firms across major cities in India. Its better to opt full time PG course with GIIP which is having 3 branches across India and you can select any one branch to pursue your PG course. They will train you in Patent searches, drafting and Licensing of Patent application and also They will teach US, Europe as well as Indian patent filing procedures. I hope this info served as answer for your query.

All the best.

Sindhur

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register