Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh (Tax Consultant)     01 May 2008

IPR and its scope

Hi Everyone,

I am an Advocate and practising in tax laws. I am interested in IPR. Can anybody enlighten me as to what is the scope of IPR?  For pursuing career in IPR should I undergo a correspondence diploma in IPR or should one go for LL.M?  What is Registered Patent Attorney?

Regards.

Suresh

Learning

4 Replies

SALA SATEESH (lawyer)     02 May 2008

Dear friend, Good idea that have choosen IPR now -a- days it is gaining prominence. As regards the patent trade attorney there is a specific procedure which is laid under the Act and rules framed. u have to make an application in format prescribed on fulfilling all the obligations then would be called for an written exam if qualified by getting 60 marks and in interview 40marks . you will be elegible for atttoreny. As regards the Trade marks agent the procedure is prescribed under Part V of rules (148 -162) Doing LLM is also good Either it may be choosen. Best Wishes s.sateesh

amit gupta_lawyer (lawyer)     19 May 2008

well mr.satish has already said a lot on this issue but still to add more to this i would say that the concept of ipr still has to grow in india and it is still understood in very small sphere but certainly in future it will take over evry other important issue in front of it. now u can do diploma for understanding the concept and certinly LL.M would be the best option. and for trade mark purposes u just need to be advocate for being an agent.

Sapna Makhija (Lawyer)     14 August 2008

Though coined long back, IPR in India is gaining much attention and significance these days. So far as Patent is concerned the scope is very wide. To practise in the field of patent, you can opt for any course either LL.M., or any Diploma Course or Test for Patent Attorney.

If you choose to be a patent practitioner, then I would suggest you to go for anything except LL.M., because, your focus will get diverted on getting good result instead of understanding the practical aspects. you need to give alot time for reading. There is no ready material or reference books available at one library. you will have to hunt alot for gathering the material from here n there, google search, etc.

Ya but if you want to go in teaching line, then it is must. So far as the practise is concerned, knowledge makes man perfect, start reading anything realting to IPR. you can learn the basics from different sites viz. WIPO, WTO, https://www.tmpsearchers.com, etc. Also go through various convention of IP, read case laws of IP.

I think this will help you.

Anshul Bhatnagar (associate litigation- Client engagement)     09 May 2014

Hi,

My name is Anshul, I am a bcom graduate and unfortunately I am a BPO employee :P. I am planning to switch my industry. I came to know that IP courses has a good scope. Is if fine to go for IP course without LLB degree? Or IP course + Digital marketing course is fine? 

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register