LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aws learning   08 March 2021

Ipc 338 accident case

I am charged with IPC 338 in a accident case. I took the injured to hospital and provided him first aid and emergency treatment. The victim is stubborn and not ready to settle the case. The injured was hit by my car from back.  Will I be sent to jail upon judgement in trial or is there any way I can get out of this. I am a government servant. I have all valid documents and proper insurance for car. I am only bread earner in my family and my parents are too old. Please help me I am worried from bottom of my heart

 3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     09 March 2021

It was an accedent and not an intentional act. If you have license and valid insurance then you need to worry, it takes years to decide the case and  you may be finally fined. If  the injured person files a case for damages and  compensation then Insurance company fights for that to save thier interest and minimise the amount for compensation. Even if you are jailed for a day you will get out bailed in that very day. Don' worry 

1 Like

aws learning   09 March 2021

Thanks for reply. Currently I am in appearance stage in court and this is taking out my mental peace. What can be the worst case scenario in the judgement and how can I get out of this very soon.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     09 March 2021

I told you don' worry, having license and insurance is enough, you are  safe at the worst even if punished beyond the Fine then you can go for appeal, and it takes years . just be careful only with your advocate , hire a sincere one, who would contest your case  properly and you  may be fined as it is  bailable and compoundable, and magistrate have authority to deal any way.

Just forget this is not any serious offence 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query