LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Esheta Lunkad   28 September 2020

Hello Sir,

What I understood from your query is, I think you want to know what role does WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) play in respect of Intellectual Properties.

As per WIPO, the global forum for intellectual property; Intellectual Property (IP) refers to the creation of mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs and symbols; name and images used in commerce.
WIPO is an international organization designed to promote the worldwide protection of both industrial property (inventions, trademarks and designs) and copyrighted materials (literary, musical, photographic, and other artistic works). The aims of WIPO are twofold. Firstly it protects the intellectual property, through international cooperation and secondly supervises administrative cooperation between Paris, Berne, and other intellectual unions regarding agreements on trademarks, patents, and the protection of artistic literary works. WIPO is also charged with helping to resolve disputes over the use of Internet domain names. 

WIPO's activities also include hosting forums to discuss and shape international IP rules and policies, providing global services that register and protect IP in different countries, resolving trans-boundary IP disputes, helping connect IP systems through uniform standards and infrastructure, and serving as a general reference database on all IP matters; this also includes providing reports and statistics on the state of IP protection or innovation both globally and in specific countries. WIPO also works with governments, non-governmental organizations and the individuals to utilize IP for socioeconomic development. WIPO currently administers 26 international treaties that concern a wide variety of IP issues, ranging from the protection of broadcasts to establishing international patent classification.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Esheta Lunkad

Str sundaram   05 October 2020

Thanks sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register