Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kunal   31 July 2016

Inquiry section for dv case

Learned Lawyers,

My wife filed a false DV case against me in the city in which she presently lives with her parents about 250 km away from the marital home and nearly more than two years after we separated.

The Jurisdiction of her parental place is clearly differnt from the one where I live.

It was expected that she files a DIR with the concerned Protection Officer of the Jurisdiction where I live.

Although DV case can be filed anywhere in India; I know this.

But she filed a DIR report with the concerned Protection Officer where she lives.

The case has been filed in the city where she lives.

I want the Magistrate to conduct inquiries within the Jurisdiction where I live with the concerned P.O, local police station and others.

Please suggest me the approproate section under CRPC which I can use to request the Magistrate to conduct inquiries where the alleged DV incidence took place (place of my home's Jurisdiction).

Please help me.

Kunal

Learning

6 Replies

Ramesh Chandra   23 August 2016

keenly await reply to this query.

Ramesh Chandra   23 August 2016

keenly await reply to this query.

Sidharth   24 August 2016

Lady can file the DV case at the juridiction of her parents house.

Practically protection officer never goes anywhere they simply made report while sitting in her office. and obviously it ultimately goes in your favour

Vibha   24 August 2016

Agree with Siddharth. Protection officer does nothing useful. Magistrate can ask PO to do an inquiry, but this never happens. Eventually issue ends up in "she-said-he-said" deadlock, lack of inquiry simply goes in favor of respondent.

Sidharth   24 August 2016

Originally posted by : kunal

Please suggest me the approproate section under CRPC which I can use to request the Magistrate to conduct inquiries where the alleged DV incidence took place (place of my home's Jurisdiction).

Please help me.

Kunal

Never suggest any court to conduct an enquiry against you. Court cannot pass any judgement against you without any evidence. Dont tell the court how to proceed against yourself.

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai ZohebKhatri@gmail.com)     15 November 2016

Seeking inquiry is AGAINST you is self-destructive,

Better counter her allegations and make sure get enough evidence.

Regards,

Zoheb Khatri

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register