IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (tech lead)     14 December 2010

Inputs on proving forged sale deed

Hi Friends,
I need your inputs on a set of forged documents, inputs like against whom i can file civil/criminal complaints and under what sections in details..

The case is as below...

1. We had 25 acres of land in andhra pradesh which had been inherited to my grand father and to my father then to us.My grand father had expired in 1979.We dont have proper documents like sale deed or passbook ,tax receipts as it was a kind of coming through generations.

2. One year back we got a call from Village revenue officer there saying we have a buyer for you and please come to proceed furthur to sell the property. We could not respond immediately as my father had knees replaced and had been going through recovery process.

3.We went after 1.5 months of this happened to meet the same person but he said like this "Your grand father himself sold the property in 1967 itself to 4 people from different places and he told that he gave the passbooks to them you may go."

4.When we dig furthur we came to know the shocking truths of forgery.One local land lord sold the property for 20 lacs and he carried out the process of creating all forged documents.Lot of people from Sub registar office and Mandal revenue office are involved in this.When we applied for Encumbrance the report saying my grand father sold this propety in 1967 to 4 people.And they made sure that none of the documents related to this survey number which prove our property are available from registart office.

5.We are all sure that the documents of those sale are forged.How can we proceed legally to get back our land.

One of the locals suggested to apply for signature and finger print verification of my grand father through court.Could you gve more details on how to go about it.

As far as i think its a BIG conspiracy in which public notary, stamp vendors, sub registrar, and the witnesses who signed the forged Transfer deed are involved.

I request inputs from you friends as to what procedure to adopt for a speedy redressal of this problem and also your valued inputs.


 2 Replies

arunkumark (law study)     15 December 2010

Immediatly apply for certified copies under RTI of all the related documents of that land property.If u dont get the copies within 45 days go in to the appeal.meantime try to find out some documents like tax receipts or a letter recd from village revenue officer showing ur relation with said property.U can also apply in court of that juridiction for a stay on sale deed.

navdeep singh (lawyer)     15 December 2010

just get the certified copies of the sale deed etc and inform the matter to police .

and get the fir registred.

for relief from civil court you have file a suit for decldration that the said sale deed is forged hence void

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query