LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Director)     11 September 2015


1. Client  had purchased 2 flats in a buiding project yet to be constructed

2. It was subsequently discovered that seller had no right to sell because his selling rights were secured in favour of his co-partner in the said project and would accrue to him only on certain fulfilment of certain obligations

3. Criminal case has been filed against seller.

4. Client does not wish to file moeny suit in civil court as because certain cash payments have been made by him to the seller.

5. Client wishes to obtain injunction against sale of flats to thrid parties



1. What are all the  remedies available to the client in the civil court, other than money suit.

2. If the jurisdiction is Mumbai and value of notional property (not in existence) is more than Rs. 1 crore would the court fees be payable as per ready reckoner 

3. If answer to no. 2 is affirmative, what is the way to reduce the burden of court fees on he client



 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2015

If you have a valid sale agreement you can approach court with  a suit for permanent injunction against the vendor and his partner seeking court direction to restrain them from alienating the  property under sale agreement with you.   In that you can  file a petition for interim injunction too.

As far as the court fee aspect,you may contact a local advocate who will guide you with all such further details. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query