Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju   28 March 2020

Injunction petition in partition suit of self acquired prop.

Dear experts. Thanks in advance for your time in answering my query.

Father and brother filed a frivolous partition suit to extort money on my self acquired property that is registered in my name in 2007 with recitals clearing mentioning that the selller/vendor has recieved money from me (SBI site Loan-95% under my name and remainig-5% in cash) as I was employed at the time (at the age of 22  years).

They filed an ad-inteim I.A. for injnction but with irrelevant documents such as:

- Sale deeds of my father's self-acquired properties (Not ancestral) dated in 2004, 1999 (several years before my property was purchased).

- And one sale deed in 2007 in the name of sister (She got it as gift from my father in 2006).

Father (Plantiff) claims that he used those monies to buy my property under my name as I was elgible to get loan from SBI. He claims this is this joint family property and need to partition into 4 (including to my sister)

But there is no documentary proof that he actually paid money to me or to the vendor. Are the above documents considered as prima facie in this case?

The court has been giving "status quo" order for each hearing and its going for 3 months already. My brother is blackmailing me to give him 30 Lakhs so they can withdraw the suit.

Please advice me if they have a case for injunction in the eyes of the law (as there is no direct/documentary proof that father paid money for the purchase) and registered the title in my name (as benami)? Or is it even considered joint family property? (as there is no source of funds arising out of joint family).

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 March 2020

For over 2 years, you have been posting these allegations in ongoing suit, already handled by a professional advocate in the court.  Your advocate Is aware of all these facts.  A simple status quo order is not going to bring any adverse findings and is not going to affect your partition suit in any manner  Please trust the advocate who is handling your case and knows the ongoing disputes with your father since Apr,2018.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     29 March 2020

Just let them go to even ICJ they will get nothing,wasting teir time and money and you wasting yours time here.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 March 2020

What is the injunction that has been sought? Who is in possession?

Raju   29 March 2020

Dear Venu sir. Thanks for your time. Injunction sought for not to alienate the property. It is in my posession (I had leased out to a 3rd party and been collecting rents to my account)

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 March 2020

But there is no documentary proof that he actually paid money to me or to the vendor. Are the above documents considered as prima facie in this case?

As you have mentioned that there is no documentary proof that he actually paid any money for purchase of this property, his claim is not maintainable.

Moreover you have stated that he had transferred his property to his daughter by a gift deed, hence there re no chances for him to get any money out of this transfer because any gift deed made for a consideration is invalid.

Therefore  he has no case at all. 

The court has been giving "status quo" order for each hearing and its going for 3 months already. My brother is blackmailing me to give him 30 Lakhs so they can withdraw the suit.

You can file a petition to vacate the status quo order based on the facts and documentary evidences in your support.

The status quo order is not going to make any difference to you, hence you may refuse to pay even a single penny to your brother and inform him that if he still indulges in such acts, you may have to file a criminal complaint against him for threats and extortion offence. 

Since you have all evidences to prove that you bought the proeprty out of your own funds and the bank loan, you need not be worried about the gimmicks that they are trying to enact here. 

You follow up the case properly with your advocate   or else may be your advocate has a chance to tilt sides hence you may be watchful on that aspect too.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register