25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Simran (none)     29 August 2016

Income right

A friend's brother, Manish, was running a small online IT business in his father in law's name and kept all the generated income in his father in law's savings bank a/c.

He made some profits but eventually the business shut down and he moved all the money to his personal savings a/c.

There is no gift deed yet and not sure if father-in-law will even agree to sign on one if created; hence he is suspecting his in-laws or especially in-law's son might play mischief and claim the money is theirs.

Neither in-laws or their son know anything about IT nor they know anything about the kind of business that was run. They basically have absolutely no idea.

How can my friend's brother protect against in-law's mischief if at all they are planning any??

Can his in-law legally make claim on the money? Can they be challenged in court to prove the income was indeed generated by Manish and not by his in-law??


Thanks for your valuable inputs.


 2 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     06 September 2016

Dear Client,


                  Let him first send a Legal notice to his in laws demanding paymnt of  all moneys earned by him and kept in  father in law saving account through  his small online IT Buisiness. If he doesn'rt  get any reply within 15  or 30 days  time you file a  SUIT IN CIVIL COURT FOR RECOVERY OF  YOUR MONEY IN THEIR HANDS ALONG WITH  interest and  penal damages  by producing all  evidence in your favor.You  enter in to clever and diplomatic conversation with your father  in Law ans his son  and cleverly extract information regarding money made by you in IT Buiness through cross checking and d also extract  admissions from them that  your money is with them and through your mobile camera you record everything without their knowlledge.During the entire operation  of clever talk and  recording your behaviour should be unsuspecting.

Simran (none)     02 April 2018


Followup update on this issue.

All the money is now transferred from Father in Law's bank a/c to his own a/c.

But now FIL is demanding that the money is theirs and threatening with legal action.


What to do?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query