LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gallu   21 July 2017

In what scenarios can a second woman file case against the married man

We began our relationship at the workplace, both of us were aware that he was married and had two children but we could not control our attraction. the first time we entered into a physical act was merely out of attraction. but soon our relationship transformed into love and commitment. we became connected like husband and wife. he promised me he would marry me legally but only after the consent of his first wife. his wife got to know about us through our chat messages. she was in great pain. initially, he accepted that he loved me and wanted to spend life with me in front of her, but later due to her continuous resentment, he began lying to her that there was nothing between her and me, on the other hand, he kept telling me things would work out. I had to abort once because he promised we would do the baby after marriage.

he is 43 and I am 30. 

Now after one year, he has abandoned me. I feel stranded, deeply emotionally hurt. I feel used. had he been knowing nothing would work out he should have left me earlier without so much of promises and commitment. what options do I have now to claim for my right? things have transformed into worse conditions for three of us. we are entangled in a love triangle. he loves both of us. Can I blame him for cheating?

Learning

9 Replies

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     21 July 2017

"both of us were aware that he was married and had two children but we could not control our attraction" - with above point you admitted relationship with him is illegal and he has not cheated you before having relationship with you.

you can sue him on any grounds and but you will not succeed at any cause on the above Quoted point.

you cannot challenge him, only the legally wedded wife may, Sue her husband and you for Divorce under the grounds of Adultery. After getting divorce she has the right to claim Permanent Alimony from husband.

gallu   21 July 2017

I understand. But the relationship only got stronger after he had said that he would marry.

gallu   21 July 2017

My aim is not to punish him, but to have grounds on what I can marry him.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 July 2017

You have no grounds to marry him. If his wife asks for divorce and she gets divorce, you can maary him. If he asks for divorce and gets divorce, then also you can marry him. But he has enjoyed living with you and he would now be satiated. He would love his children, who are not your children. He would be visiting them and has to pay for their education etc. It is good for everybody including you, if you forget him and marry someone else or live single. Real life is not filmy.

gallu   21 July 2017

Mr azhagananth had mentioned I can sue him on any grounds, what could these grounds be? Also, adultery could only be conducted, had I been married, If I'm not wrong

Rohitash Kumar Arya   21 July 2017

Recently Mumbai HC passed an order saying that relationship with one or two women does not amount to adultery and is no ground for divorce. Secondly SC too have said if you are mature enough and makes relationship with consent, you can not blame other partner. You will not get any relief from court. In long term things would get worsened, even if you marry him by consent of his wife. Yes, marriage with consent of first wife can get you status of wife that's all. Too tough for any man to have balance between two wives. Look ahead for some good man.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 July 2017

The relationship was by free will knowing fully that other party is married and thus consensual.

It is felt the same query has been discussed earlier, with another ID…………..

Still if you feel that you have some corroborating evidence show all evidences to a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity for a considered opinion…

gallu   21 July 2017

Thankyou Mr Kumar doab

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 July 2017

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More