Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ak sharma   28 October 2021

In-laws isn't responding.

My in-laws isn't responding to my calls , they are saying that they don't want me back , I am 1 month pregnant , my married sister in law was living with my in-laws this is all her plan. What I should do now??


 5 Replies

Anusha Singh   29 October 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information regarding the issues you are facing with your in laws.

So as you have mentioned that they are not accepting you and also that you are pregnant you can either make an appeal in the Court for restitution of conjugal rights or you can file an appeal for divorce or judicial separation and you can also claim your maintenance and child support under section 125 of CrPC.

I will suggest you to save your marriage and also to think of your child before taking any step so you can file for restitution of conjugal rights in the Court which has the jurisdiction to entertain your case.

Law provides that when either husband or the wife withdraws from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply to the Court for a direction that the other party should live with him or her. (Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act). Such a petition is to be filed before the District Judge. The petitioner is to satisfy the Court that the other party has without reasonable excuse withdrawn from his or her society.

Hope it helps!



Anusha Singh

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 October 2021

Before seeking legal avenue you should take help of your parents / relatives / elederly respectable persons of society and get an amicable settlement of issues with your in-laws.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 October 2021

Use many communication modes are prevail nowadays to talk to your in-laws & your husband.  Mothers usually perceived changes in marriage and lifestyle due to the baby as more bothersome than did fathers. Adjustment to parenthood and marital adjustment measures were more interrelated more frequently for fathers than mothers. These findings underscore the complex associations among husbands' and wives' household roles, marital adjustment, involvement with baby, and adjustment to parenthood.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 October 2021

What is the response/stand of your husband. The response or reaction (or lack of it) from your in-laws is of much consequence.

minakshi bindhani   25 November 2021

As per your concerned query!

Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act will restore the marital union if any one of the partners has withdrawn from the society of the other without any reasonable excuse. In this regard, the burden of giving an acceptable excuse will rest on the person withdrawing from society.

The aggrieved person needs to file a petition in the district court. If the court is satisfied with the contentions made by the petitioner and is convinced that there are no grounds on which the petition should be declined, it will act in the favor of the aggrieved party and decree restitution.

Hope it is useful!
Minakshi Bindhani

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query