LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rashesh (Self)     25 May 2017

Illegal tenants in gujarat are harassing my father in mumbai

Dear sir, My father lives in Mumbai and he has 4 shops at Gujarat and once he made tenancy contract of 11 months 29 days and later since last many years , he has been taking Rs.80 per month from the shop occupiers. Now when we became matured from child, I asked my father to tell all the occupiers to make new tenancy contract otherwise tehre is no tenant/owner relation established and we can not take further rent. All the tenants are one by one filing wrong suits with allegation which I can not believe. It states that my father came from Mumbai to our village in Gujarat and made fight with occupiers on the day which is mentioned in the suit but on that day my father was in Mumbai according to CCTV. Now such kind of falls allegation require my father to frequently visit our village which is ve stressful, its like an harrassment and hence I want to know for this arrassment, what my father can do in Mumbai? Can he take legal action in Mumbai since he lives in Mumbai which makes the other occupier to travel to Mumbai in that case or he can make counter claim of 1 crore Rs. for harrassment in Gujarat cour while the other suit against him are still on? We can not afford everytime hire a lawyer for every wrong suit filed against my father and hece, can I answer and defend the suit myself by visiting Gujarat? If we win, can we demand defamation amount later or we need to put that in our answer from beginning? Please advise. At the moment occupiers are relative of our originant tenant who does not do business by sitting in the shop and hence what we can do to remove these people? original tenant has kept the same name of the shop and he says , the people sitting there are thier employees , now what to do?

Learning

5 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     26 May 2017

You can argue in Gujarat court as party in person ns defend yourself.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     26 May 2017

Sir, (1) Your father can defend the suits as party in person, (2) he cannot take a legal action in Mumbai for a property situated in Gujarat, (3) he can file any number of cases in Gujarat Court, if he has valid reasons, (4) It will be in the best of your interests to consult an advocate in the matter. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     26 May 2017

Sir, (1) Your father can defend the suits as party in person, (2) he cannot take a legal action in Mumbai for a property situated in Gujarat, (3) he can file any number of cases in Gujarat Court, if he has valid reasons, (4) It will be in the best of your interests to consult an advocate in the matter. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Rashesh (Self)     27 May 2017

Thanks Kishorbhai, My problem is n number of suites (wrong allegeation) if the group of people are filling against my father and because of that my father has to travel from Mumbai to Gujarat . For a old man such harassment shall not be tolerated by legal system as well. I therefore want to know the way forward how to stop these group by further harassing us by such unlawful suits.

Rashesh (Self)     27 May 2017

Thank you Ms. Usha, We have hired one lawyer who filed a good answer last month in the court but now on 13th June we have the date of hearing, he does not want to handle our case because of some fees disagreement issues. In that case if our answer is already good, is there any other fear if we dont take lawyer on 13th June with us, the case can become bad and go against us in any manner?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register