LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghav Ramanuj (NA)     20 January 2013

Ill treatment of parents by their son after marriage

Hi, I m working in Bangalore and my family stays in NCR. My elder brother was married 1.5 years back; his marriage was an arranged marriage. All the marriage finalization was done by my grandfather but my father carried out all the expenditures of marriage. This girl brought some dowry like Car and basic house hold stuff as given in our area (Which her father insisted to give for making their daughter part of good and sound family, And all talks about this were done among my grandfather and her father, Now my grandfather is no more) this dowry stuff was solely for my brother and sister in law and they are only using it.  After marriage, this fellow started doing all ill-treatment to my parents. He abuses parents and try to get physical with them. He don't respect any relation neither our elder sister no me. His wife tries to fill all bad about my parents in his ears, during fight instead of controlling him, she adds fuel to fire and enjoy the scene. Because of this bad behavior my father asked him to leave the house and take some rented house, he said, he won’t go anywhere and he will make my parents to go out. He also said he will put case against them of dowry and make them go to prison. After that my father called the girl’s parents and told them to tell these couple to leave house and go on rent. Then the girl’s parents also told my father the same, what this fellow told about dowry case and they will not vacate the house. Now the home environment is totally messed up, my parents are feeling miserably bad with this guy and girls behavior. My father has retired five months back still my father pays all the house bills and this guys AC bills. On relatives advice my father has constructed one floor so that this guy move up and there will be some peace even that is also not happening as this guy is not moving up. Important points are, this house is my father’s sole property, he took heavy loan and he alone has paid for it with his hard work. My grandfather had land in village; this guy has eye on that also which my father never thought of even as that is our ancestor land. Please help with some advice. My parent are loosing thier health.

Learning

2 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     20 January 2013

Take recourse of

THE MAINTENANCE AND WELFARE OF PARENTS AND SENIOR CITEZEN ACT 2007.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     21 January 2013

To value add;

1. Sitting at BLR will not bring solutions to your parents who are in NCR. He needs physical presence of other children to present his case before a Tribunal.
2. Hence, it is suggested first to make contact in NCR for arranging him a lawyer found via reference and take his services in preparation for Petition under various Sections of Law as per the Act which @ Arvinds advised. The Act is recently enacted and is a fine piece of benevolent provision specially meant for senior citizens safety, security and well being who are being neglected by their children and it is a summery Act where in prayed relief’s before the Tribunal are allowed very fast.
3. The narrated NCR ‘property’ which is in your folks name can be saved as well as 'peace' can be maintained from DIL and major Son under various Orders if recourse under this Act your retd. Parents take without informing your brother / SIL who are living there that this is what he is going to do to have 'peace' in his own property.

Read yourself simple language of the suggested Act as homework before approachig Lawyer seeking help in preparation for relief's.

https://socialjustice.nic.in/oldageact.php

https://delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/090b9400440bb07ebfe5bf24a04cfff1/Rules+under+
Maintenance+%26+Welfare+of+Parents+%26+Senior+Citizen+Act,2007.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&lmod=-1787627201&CACHEID=090b9400440bb07ebfe5bf24a04cfff1

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register