LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyanjana Mukerjee   04 June 2021

I have a very complicated problem..kindly help

I am married for 8 yrs now.. My relationship with the husband is not we want separate and but I am still confused why are we doing I feel that why did we even marry..just to spend some time together..then why even I left everything for him and try to settle with him..even he did not co-operate with family was on divorce cases are filled.. whatever going on is really funny and I being made fun of by my family and in-laws..


 6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 June 2021

No problem has been described for consideration, forming an opinion and oblige.

You have already stated to have filed a petition for divorce, which might be instituted through a local able, competent and intelligent lawyer who is well aware about facts and circumstances of your case, what is his/ her opinion / advise ??? Follow it, if you have faith in your lawyer, otherwise change him/ her immediately. 

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     05 June 2021

Even though your case is pending in court , you have time and can rethink your mind and if possible you can sort out amicably and remove the knot of the issues.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 June 2021

Attend counseling sessions of an expert psychologist to understand your feelings and need for some sort of unharmful compromises for maintaining marital peace.  This confusion is a very natural feeling to those who are well qualified and aware of their rights.

Saura Patil   05 June 2021


Greetings of the day!

I agree with the opinion of the experts. However, there's one more option open for you - Mediation!

Sometimes the problem feels huge, but in reality, it might be something trivial. So instead of going to extreme measures, you can always try out mediation first. If things still don't work out, you can always get separated. 

Advantage of going to Mediation:

1. It cuts the long and tedious process of litigation.

2. It's a very confidential and ethical process.

3. As the person who assists the matter, is a neutral person, no one's sentiments get hurt and hence a conclusion can be drawn for the benefit of both parties. 

4. It is a very simple, effective, and flexible method. 

The mediators are appointed by the court according to their qualifications. 

But, if you feel that your problem is more of emotional nature, advice given by G. L. N. Prasad sir should definitely be followed. 

I hope I was able to help!


Saura Patil 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 June 2021

What is that you wanted to clarify by posting this message in this forum.

If you are not interested in the dissolution of marriage and if you only had instituted the proceedings, you can withdraw the same at any moment, you are at liberty to do so by filing a memo before the concerned court requesting the court to dismiss the divorce petition as not pressed.

If he had filed the case then yocan intimate your decision to not agree for the divorce he had initiated  and in the mediation session yo can inform the mediators that yo want to live with him together and continue the marital life with him. 

You are at your liberty to choose what you feel would be right choice for your future hence you can decide accordingly.



Vasundhara Singh (Student)     15 June 2021


Facts and problems state by you show that you are confused about your marriage situation and not clear whether you need a divorce or not even though it has been filed. Before going ahead with the divorce procedure, you can visit a marriage counselor with your spouse to talk and settle on the differences between you both. It will be better to talk and understand the issues in the marriage.  

After filing the divorce petition, the court also gives several chances to the parties to cool off the differences and live with each other. You can make use of the cooling period as well if you are not inclined in giving a divorce and even after all that of you feel that situation is not getting better, you can go ahead with it.  

Divorce procedures involve a lot of court activities, presence before the court every few days which can be tiresome and a lengthy process. To avoid such situations, you can also go for mediation which is an out-of-court process. Both the parties can come together in the presence of a non-bias mediator who can talk things with the party and help them come to a common ground without court.  


Vasundhara Singh  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query