Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khushboo (Software engg)     30 June 2010

I don't want to change my name after marriage, is it valid?

I don't want to change my name after marriage.

is it valid?

Does our Indian law will allow me to do this?

please give me proper guidance.

Thank you,

Khushboo

Learning

16 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     30 June 2010

YES, FULLY VALID. NO LEGAL PROBLEM.

ravi shankar sharma (advocate)     30 June 2010

there is no problem contiuing your name after marriage.

thanku

But from someone I heared that after child ther might be the problem while registering tha name of child like that.

can u elaborate the things?

thanku

But from someone I heared that after child ther might be the problem while registering tha name of child like that.

can u elaborate the things?

(Guest)

Dear Author,

1. No in my opinion there will not be any problem while registering name of "biological" parents in Birth register / Birth certificate. 

But, may be off the records in society the child peers may bully on different surnames of parents that is all, but then who cares when as far as 'biological parents"  are in confirmity.

IT IS PHYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEM OF A SECTION OF THE SOCIETY THAT THEY DEMAND THE CONVENTIONAL SYSTEM, INSTEAD OF MODERN THINKING.

(Guest)

Sh. Arup ji.

Do you socially and or as on modernity principled subscribe to recent "live-in" Judgment of Hon'ble SC and things to unfold in days to come in traditional / customry eastern society such as this side of East called INDYA !

You may softly rebutt on PM mode to me on this private chukle with your permission I took liberty to poke your highkindlsef today. :-))))

Have a smiling day Sir.

Rgds.
Oh BTW "it took some 15 years for Star TV / FTV to change Indian psyche" reproduced from Sudhir Kakkar's book "Indian Psyche" :-)))) 

sh arun ji,

you are always wellcome.

i belive in 'LIVE IN' relationship.

'LIVE IN' relationship is as old as the human society is.

a modern system injected into the modern society, which is called 'marriage' - at about 2000 years ago.

the then society faced a problem that how the paternity of a child will be determined. they  accepted the 'access' theory. a female has to access to one only, whereas a male was no such restriction and allowed more than one female.  this is the base of marriage system. therefore it is modern system in comparision to 'LIVE IN' relationship .

it is not western also. 'LIVE IN' relationship' & marriage both are universal. 

(Guest)

Thank you Sh Arup ji, I have not much knowledge on live-in research but will put some brains in days to come to understand it better then may poke you further but by PM this time.  Somehow I feel it may not be socially good for Indian system of matrimonial law. Anyhow closing this thread with a pause button......

Can you elaborate the things in easy language, as I am not getting your high level language and short forms.

thank you

(Guest)

Dear Author,

Your main message has already been answered at

30 June 2010, 11:55

30 June 2010, 12:13

30 June 2010, 12:46

Kindly ignore rest of the posts in your thread which was hijacking of the thread by two persons (Sh Arup ji and myself) as it does not concerns to your main question.  Your que. answers are in above three posts.

Rgds.

thanks arun ji, - for your explanation

now we have to quit for another destination.

Self service (None)     02 July 2010

Khushoo,

Legally you are free to choose your name. In US also female changes last name after marraige having no legal bounds. But more reason of social and togetherness. If you have different surnames it looks 2 different ppl living under one roof. In US  I have seen postmans\banks  asking to couple are you legally married? or you just came to spend time ? while delivering post or opening bank accounts because of not matching lastname.

I am in same field as you are in and what I advice if you are asking legality of this issue on forum you are not prepared for marriage. Just think why Hillary clinton is not just Hilary Rodham (?) , laura Bush, michelle obama, Indira Gandhi or Sonia Gandhi why did they are not using maiden surnames? Once you understood then only look for marriage other wise it will be just companion ship.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 July 2010

one has every right to change or not to change his/her name by affidevit.

he/she can change the name, subject to, - if there is no bad intention behind it.. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register