Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.Sabarinadh (Student)     19 May 2010

I could also advocate....................

The sec. 33 of the Advocates act of 1961 gaurantees the right of any advocate alone to practice in any court  that is an Advocate alone

But by the virtue of the Sec. 32 of the very same act it is clearly mentioned that if the court or thye concerned authority permits every body can advocate in particular cases and there are precedences tooo..............

PRABODH VERMA AND OTHERS, ETC. Vs. STATE OF UTTAR PRADESH AND OTHERS. ETC.

and i wish the same may happen in the student life of mine in any PIL i could advocate on before the apex court and the law is obviously the same and great.......................... 

Learning

2 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     19 May 2010

Section 32 of the act uses the word "appear" while section 29 and 33 of the advocate Act use the expression "Practice" and takes in all normal activities of  a legal practitioner. The word practice includes both acting and pleading whereas section 32 uses the word appear and a non advocate, when he seeks permission to appear in the court under section 32 by a non advocate he can not be permited to address the court as the word appear is only one aspect and does not take in the concept of pleading, without which it can not be equated to practicing.

(Guest)

1. What is the interpretation here of a common man as PARTY in PERSON"? Means can he "Appear" as well as "Practice" before the Court ?
Rgds

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register