LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viral Sharma   27 February 2024

I am from meerut and i want to know some of the laws

I am from Meerut and in the 1960s, my grandfather was a tenant in a 200 sq yard shop. Just beside it, there was another 200 sq yard shop rented by someone else. The owner of the land was a lady and there was a 300 sq yard land at the backside of the shop. In total, the property was 700 sq yards and the owner rented the front of the land that is on the main road to my grandfather and the other person. After some time, when the owner passed away, the partner of the other tenant used the firm's money to buy the whole 700 sq yards from the owner's son, without telling the other partner. So, he filed a case against him for fraud, and after that, the whole property was disputed. However, my grandfather has taken the order from the court, so we can stay in the shop. Now we are tenants of this 200 sq yard shop for almost 50 years, and we give rent to the court. But the partner who has committed the fraud keeps telling us that we have to empty the shop because he is the owner, and he keeps selling the property again and again so that the records can be cleaned. What should I do?(and we have the all the required original documents with us ie property paper electricity bill etc etc)


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 February 2024

Since the court has given a stay order in your favor to not to vacate till the disposal of the dispute, you can remain there, the so called owenr cannot evict you without a court order or you can obtain an order restraining him from alienating the property in any manner during the pendency of a property dispute civil case 

1 Like

Viral Sharma   29 February 2024

sir but the owner is the supreme court lawyer dont u think he can use his contacts to do something


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 February 2024

The law is common to all, the supreme court lawyer is no exception.

He cannot take law into his hands for any reason.

You can give a complaint against him with the local police if he is trying to indulge in any illegal activity in this regard.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register