Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     16 April 2011

Husband facing cruelty charges jailed for abusing magistrate

Man jailed for ‘wild’ attack on magistrate

Sending a man behind bars for making wild allegations against the magistrate who directed him to pay monthly maintenance to his wife and child, the Bombay high court observed that he went to the extent of involving his wife in it.

A division bench of Justice AM Khanwilkar and Justice AR Joshi on March 18, 2011 held Nashik resident Dnyandev Jadhav guilty of contempt of court and sentenced him to rigorous imprisonment of a month and to pay a fine of Rs2,000.

“It is a case of unfounded malicious attack on the character of a judicial officer by a party who had been directed to pay the maintenance allowance to the wife and minor child,’ ‘the judges stated.
The court suo moto initiated contempt proceedings against Jadhav after he sent a letter in Marathi to the Chief Justice and President of India in August 2009 making allegation against a Ahmednagar judicial magistrate first class (JMFC).

Jadhav’s wife had filed a complaint against him for cruelty and the magistrate in June 2006 acquitted him of the charges.

On an application for maintenance by the wife, the magistrate on April 20, 2007 directed Jadhav to pay per month Rs1,200 to her and also Rs600 to his 2-year-old son. However, two years four months after the maintenance order was passed, Jadhav wrote an open letter seeking action against the concerned magistrate alleging that he is partisan and a womaniser.

https://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_man-jailed-for-wild-attack-on-magistrate_1525245

Learning

3 Replies

superfast munnabhai (trainee)     16 April 2011

I won't justify the way that husband bursted his emotions ....

but .... by and large judiciary is harrasing one party out of the two at least!!

There is absolutely no accountability to mistakes made by judges. As one person wrote, it has created a huge mass of disgruntled society who would vent out their anger somewhere else atleast. And in future they would give scant regard to rule of law and that may cause even more oppressd people being delvered injustice.

Corruptions starts with judiciary and end at judiciary.

This judgment has enlightened to aggrieved people that don't become martyrs without making damage to opponent.

Be shreud. Do teach a fitting lesson if you feel aggrieved but don't get caught.

Keep quiet in front of your wife and all those who are helping her. But ensure that you teach the lesson without getting trapped into that new controversy.

Even in mahabharata, lord krishna said that 'it is fair if it results in punishing the real culprit'..

I am also witnessing and feeling aggrieved by wife's lawyer's malicious and fraudulant tactics wherein she has bought many people, conducted trial in my absense, match-fixed trial so as to misuse of judicial discretion against which any revolt may make more harm to me

Reason! honble J feels that I am not agreeing for settlement unnecessarily. this is prejudice and abuse of the process. Still india is carrying the british legacy in the form of judiciary and judges (quite a sizable number) don't feel it is their duty an service towards society but they behave as if they are doing some 'ukapar' to all!!

To the least they are expected to be equitable and unbiased. But in reality it is not.

Its a money game as well.

In my case, judge kept  dates within ten days consecutively for two three time.

I paid all arrears in those 20 days even though I was given two months to pay arrears.

reason! he wasn't ready to even look at my application to 'make the order null' as well as ptition of contempt of court and puerjury commited by wife.

After paying the arrears now he is giving dates every two months!! and postponing hearing for trivial reasons!!

But compelling a person to pay arrears in 20 days this way is like executing court going beyond the order passed which says pay arrears in 60 days.

In this british legacy still lingering in india, it difficult to raise voice against judges (deference is given to judiciary!!) Good Lord!!

A honest person who suffers a court case gets transformed and becomes ruthless and practical (rather insensitive) !! He starts finding the loopholes in law and instead of abiding by the law and becomes expert in it.

In may case the darkhast was 'oral' on the subsequent hearing after 44 days of passing of order.

I received the copy in around 35 days.

So oral darkhast was made within 9 days actually for arrears!!

Now the court said to my new lawyer that 'he never asked me to pay in 20 days! There was no such order passed by him to pay within 20 days!'

All this above drama is happening since last almost 7.7  months (exactly 240 days as of today!!)

Needless to mention that: On every date my new lawyer is charging me! and judge isn't paying him!

No wonder we have a backlog of 2 crore cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More