LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev Tewatia (Advocate)     11 June 2009

How to Withdraw the Bail Bond

Dear Friends

I want to know about how we withdraw the bail bond/surety in a criminal caes.

Matter is 'A' furnish bail bond for bail of 'Z' in Hapur (Gazhiabad) U. P. and now 'A' want to withdraw his surety.

Please tell me what is the Procedure in U. P. for withdrawing the bail bond/surety.

Please also tell me the time period of summer vaccation.


 7 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 June 2009

by surrendring the accused to the court surety can withdraw the surety. Court will not permit the surety to withdraw his surety in absence of the accused.

bhupender sharma (head)     19 October 2009

 Mr. Sanjeev, u can file an application for the discharge of the surety before the court concerned under section 444 of the Cr.P.C. and upon filing your application the court will issue warrants against the accused. There is no need to produce the accused as provided in the procedure code. the same procedure is to be followed in U.P. Bhupender sharma(Adv.)    



Advocate.S.A.Siddiq (Advocate)     19 October 2009

follow the advice of Mr bhubendar sharma ji

Sanjeev Tewatia (Advocate)     20 October 2009



Phani Kumar. D (Advocate)     18 April 2018

If, cash amount is deposisted in the court. how can we withdraw the amount ? Case is acquittle 

Wheher mere filing of petition U/s.444 Cr.P.C is enough or any other section of law in Cr.P.C.

Please clarify. 

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     21 April 2018

Section 444 in The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973
444. Discharge of sureties.
(1) All or any sureties for the attendance and appearance of a person released on bail may at any time apply to a Magistrate to discharge the bond, either wholly or so far as relates to the applicants.
(2) On such application being made, the Magistrate shall issue his warrant of arrest directing that the person so released be brought before him.
(3) On the appearance of such person pursuant to the warrant, or on his voluntary surrender, the Magistrate shall direct the bond to be discharged either wholly or so far as relates to the applicants, and shall call upon such person to find other sufficient sureties, and, if he fails to do so, may commit him to jail.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register