Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raman (tech engineer)     28 November 2009

how to vacate tanent

Dear sir,

  I am Raman resident in Hyderabad. myself and my parents are facing a problem with our tanent he is running his business from allmost 18 years and unfortunately we did not extended contract aggrement and we are not giving any bills like receipts for rent he used to give rent upto 2008 may and then after he stop giving rent and nor vacating shop can we legally proceed further to vaccate him if yes how long it will take to make vacate. Is that possible to get stay order immediately from court to make him vacate .plz help me for this issue




 8 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     28 November 2009

You can certainly institute a case for eviction on the ground of non-payment of rents. But the time factor is not assured. But what can be assured in the payments of rents till the disposal of the eviction case. 


In  Hyderabad eviction tenent from business premises through court may take several years. Better to assistance of Police or politicians to vacat the tenent.


Sorry some typing error in the above answer.


In Hyderabad eviction tenant from business premises through court may take several years. Better to take assistance from Police or politicians to vacat the tenant.

dhiraj choudhary (n/a)     28 November 2009

default in payment of rent is a very gud ground for eviction of the tenents. in j and k we hav sec.12(4)  of j n k houses n shops rent control act, and if landlord files an application under this provision of law subsequent to the filing of suit for eviction and the tenent fails to pay the rent then the court can struck his evidence which helps in early diposal of the case but i m not aware of law applicable in ur state

dhiraj choudhary (n/a)     28 November 2009

and if he pays rent then it amounts to admission on his part that there was default in payment of rent. it 'll also serve ur purpose

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     29 November 2009

Dear Sathya, that is bit harsh, as even the land lord has to evict the tenant through legal procedures only as posted by the members and not by force.

S. Bharath (Advocate and Arbitrator Formerly Civil Judge)     29 November 2009

File your eviction petition in a rent control court before he files a suit against you and gets an injunction restraining you from evicting him..rush to your lawyer now!


Assumi ji,

My suggestion may be harsh, but this is happening in A.P. Particularly in Hyderbad, Vijayawada, Vishakapatnam, Warangal. When Tenant gets injunction order then he will show stars in the sky to the landlord.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register