LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Majid KHAN (HR Consultant)     27 November 2017

How to submit written statement about day's argumments ?

I have noticed the judge is extrem;y biased against me during a trail and also keeps giving dates to the respondent everytime. The judge also does nor clearly make note of the proceddings and when docket orders are requested docket orders do not contain much material despite of full arguments. 

"ALWAYS SUBMIT A WRITTEN STATEMENT/ARGUMENT FOR EVERY HEARING. (AND RECORD YOUR DISPLEASURE IF THERE IS INORDINATE DELAY) One of the most effective instruments to tackle the problem of delays in courts is to file a written statement of the days proceedings, particularly highlighting your displeasure at adjournments. "

Will this statement be in form of MEMO or Affidavit or is there any other type of submission?

Kindly provide guidence.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     27 November 2017

In my opinion, there is no such thing as filling records of the days' proceedings on a date-to-date basis. At max, you can file written arguments rather than arguing the interim Applications as this will help you challenge adverse orders. 

Yes Ma'am, I would like to know how to file written order? 

Is this to be filed as an affidavit? or Memo? or a different format is available? 

Do I have to quote specific section?

Written Argument* I mean

Sachin (N.A)     27 November 2017

There is no specific format of written arguments. Just give a heading written arguments on __________ by the petitioner / respondent.

And no affidavit / memo

Sachin (N.A)     27 November 2017

You should attach relevent judgements of SC or HC in favour of your argument

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register