IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shwetha (business)     14 February 2016

How to save my child from in-laws and his father itself

i have been married for 7 years and staying away from my husband for last one year at my parrents place. to my surprise..my husband came to my place after an year on my son's birthday. with lots and lots of gifts for son. he came a day before his b'day and went to a hotel for night stay and then came on the birthday and in afternoonn left for his place.

he asked me what have i thought of future, whether i will come back with his or not. And I said him clearly that I cannot live under anyone's dictatorship. i want respect from you, so that tommorrow my child also respects me. if you hit me or abuse me in front of everyone, i cannot live with you. he showed me as if he is not interested in me but only my son.

he therethen my mom n me that if i don't return asap he will file divorce and will take away my son from me thru court.

but the thing is if i return also, i will have to lead a mesurable life. he says we have no relation u will return for the sake of child. and for him his mother and sisters are god, irrespective of whatever they do. and he is trying to teach the same to my child saying dadi is god. you have to listen to each and every commannd of hers.otherwise u will get no toys and papa will not talk to you never love you. all this tourcher will happen with my son.

now i just want to know whether it is possible for him to take way my son from me. I have been taking care of my son since his birth or even before his birth. this man called his father never stood with us at the time of need. never goes to doctor for child. all his immunisation is done by my parents. his schooling i am taking care of . now since child is grown up, he is theretening me he will take off my child from me thru court. what remeady i can get from court. what about the everyday love and affection me and my parents are giving to him. raising a child is not an easy job, child needs attention, time, energy, money and what not. will all this not be considered in court room, while decidinng the child's custody. who has done what till not for the child, will not be considered.

if its a son, it has to go to father's custody.whether father has done anything for him or not is not considered. father suddenly got the love and affection after 4 years by getting toys and all. just to get the custody he is creating eveidence that i love my son.

he bought a big photo collage of his and his son, i am no where included. we are still not divorced, so y i am i always out of every picture with him. each and every moment i live there i am made to realise that i am no one to him, but still living in same home and same room.  

child is innocent i never speak to him about all this, i don't want to kill his childhood.but this situations will definately affect him badly. 

how can i save my child from all this. please help me...



 2 Replies

FREDYCHARLES RK - Bangalore (Advocate)     14 February 2016

The reply from Mrs Renuka is simply superb and echoes her job. Well Mrs Shwetha, I can understand your point and see the  emotions running so strong with anger and methinks you deserved to be heard. But remember you have a child and that should be foremost in your life....... I recall few Golden advise given to me and worth sharing .. For a man the ultimate or penultimate requirement from his partner is "Respect" and for a Women it's "Security from her partner". ...think it for a second and let is settle down ........... One solution may be ....show some change like a loser and you ,may win him back ...and after that bury the past ...... If in Bangalore reach out to me .

1 Like

shwetha (business)     16 February 2016

thank you all for your valuable advice and time. 

best regards,


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query