LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avinash Gokhale (Owner)     10 October 2011

How to remove appointed advocate

I want to Remove advocated from my case. Please explain procedure to remove.


 5 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     10 October 2011

Dear Avinash

you need a NOC from your current Lawyer after that you can hire other one if you want.

Basicaly if you have paid the fee to him/her then he/she should not be issue NOC to you

RevathiGanesh (Practicing Advocate)     14 October 2011

It is not like you appointing and removing an advocate from your case sir.  You have engaged a service of lawyer whom you do not want to continue in the case.  You can directly tell him kindly that,  you are no more interested in engaging him and need to change him.  He will then give change of Vakalat with endorsement No Objection in this.  But you cannot expect refund of fees if you have made any.

Narender Raj G (Advocate)     18 October 2011


Mostly, I concur with views expressed by Revathi.     Only one exception is that you have got absolute right to seek return of file and No Objection. If the advocate refuses, you can engage new advocate by filing a leave petition before the Court. It is professional-misconduct on part of the Advocate, if refuses, because he does not have any legal right.   The advocate shall not have any lean over the case of the client.



As stated by Narenderji, you can brought the matter to the notice of the court by way of leave petition. Before that, you need to give a notice to the concerned advocate expressing your desire. That will be more authentic and effective one.

Justin Raj (Proprietor)     03 November 2011

if only I knew this an year ago!! my advocate sucked all the money and lost most of the cases in the court... now I am with a new legal team with appeal after appeal!! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register