LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pankhudi (not known)     01 June 2013

How to obtain divorce certificate (not decree)


I got divorced last year through mutual concern and have git divorce decree from court. I'm applying for a visa for United States and would like to produce divorce related documents. Divorce Decree contains the judgement by court and many other details. What is the procedure to obtain Divorce Certificate (similar to Marriage Certificate)?


 5 Replies

Advocate Deepak Gupta (Lawyer)     01 June 2013

No provision for divorce certificate . Court decree is sufficient .

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     01 June 2013

yes the court decree or order is enough

rahul (director)     01 June 2013

there is two thing,,

one is divorce decree

and second is judgment on 13B(2)

i guess you sare saying ,there is  ''many other details'', that is judgment


You need ro file divorce decree only,, that is only 1 page  and is like certificate.. there is no story written in decree..

i thing you didnt recd decree yet,, you only judgment

 then go to court any day, and take your decree copy from reader  (person sitting beside judge). he have your decree ready in his file..

normally court make decree in 3-4 days after judgement.


Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     01 June 2013

When a court issues decree the normal procedure they follow is 

1. mention all the relevant facts of the case and in what way they came to conclusion

2. from both the sides what evidences you have produced before the court

3. if any judgements you have produced will mention

4.finally the verdict of the judge is compulsory they mention it will be say more then 1+ papers 

5. if it is dismissed then in one line they will issue you the decree dismissed 

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     01 June 2013

the term, divorce certificate does not exist in law.

decree + judgement is all u need.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query