Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to marriage with my father's sister's daughter

Page no : 3

sunil sharma (Manager)     31 October 2011

May i Know what is the final suggestion or legel option for me........thanks you all


Go and get marry as in Dravidum culture of Hindus they donot bother about this it seems Hindu laws are made as per or by Aryans.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     31 October 2011

Now only you have to decide. Under the law it is not permitted for you. Some members have also given scientific reason for the prohibition of such marriages.

If you want a registered marriage, that may not be possible, if you disclose your relationship. Suppressing material information before the marriage registrar is also an offence. But there are so many ways of getting married. You can call a Pandit, pay him adequate dakshina and he will perform your marriage. It is not that you will be arrested on the same day or the next day of the marriage. Someone, who does not like you, or does not like your marriage can give you problem. Some countries may deny you visa.

There is no scientific basis for the opinions given by Member (Account deleted). Sociobiology is really not a science and certainly should not be relied upon for the purpose of deciding whom one can marry. If one has to get really an expert opinion, it should be from a specialist in human genetics. Edward Wilson was an entomologist (study of ants and other insects).

Now all facts and legal position have been placed before you. You can decide for yourself.

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     01 November 2011

why making so much fuss out of it u u 2 love each other just marry her anywhere.

no court  of law can punish u for it except khap panchayat.

marriage is fully legal unless either of u 2 challenges it in a court of law.

ur parents or society cannot challenge it in any court of law.

children out of such a marriage are fully legitimate.

this is biologically wrong but if u still want to go ahead go ahead and forget everything.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     01 November 2011

Originally posted by :Avnish Kaur
" marriage is fully legal unless either of u 2 challenges it in a court of law.

ur parents or society cannot challenge it in any court of law.

children out of such a marriage are fully legitimate.

I agree to Avnish to the point insight to all your issues.

Infact just three months ago Delhi's District Court turned down a retired Judge application to stop marriage of his son with his cousin.

I am referring the Judgment of the case of O.P.Gogne Vs State of Delhi (NCT) & others dated 26th July 2011 passed by Delhi High Court.  In this case the plaintiff is the retired judicial officer and his son is also the preside judge. The dispute arose where the Son of Mr. Gogne asked the permission from his parent to marry his cousin but the parent denied. Later on father Mr. Gogne filed a civil injunction case before Civil judge Delhi and secured  injunction. After some time father Mr. Gogne came to know that his son has solemnized  to Christen Religion and after that he married to his cousin sister. Father filed petition under Section  200 of Cr.P.C before ACMM which got dismissed. Father approached Session court in revision which again dismissed the revision petition. Aggrieved by the judgment of session, Father approached the High court Delhi who penalized the Father by 10000/- and dismissed the petition being void of “locus Standi”.

The rather long (25 pages) Judgement of Delhi HC is annexed in PDF File and to me your brief is all about "personal belief rather than seeking prior relief from Law" If you two believe in something then no Law of the land can come into picture for a simple fact when two people get married they donot seek permission of a Advocate and or Law (Court) it is only when their marriage is on rocks they come to either of us so your brief and much disccussed mostly by Dr. Ramani here is more academic discussion than what recent societal changes based Law of the land says (re. Delhi HC judgment for that) :-)

Attached File : 85555 220656 18 dhc turns down cousins marriage objection raised by rtd judge father.pdf downloaded: 90 times

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     01 November 2011

Originally posted by :sunil sharma
May i Know what is the final suggestion or legel option for me........thanks you all

The final word for your brief;

1. Both of you need ot be baptised in a Church if plan to get married.

2. You can marry under Christian Laws of the Land. You can even Register this marriage and anyhow the church will issue you requisite Certificate9s) so they are as good as registered Marriage Certificate issued by a Court.

3. If either side parents / relatives post marriage object then show them the D HC Judgment.

4. Ethically you need not have to take a vow to follow Christanity and or Hinduism declaring your vow in front of public forum post marriage. It is again a question of self beliefs post marriage the ld. Pastor fromt he Church will not send police to your House post marriage to come to Church every Sunday !.

5. You have to follow steps in life instead of remaining in confusion stage; what is first step - Marriage or following a Religion or listening to dictate of society decide that first. You canot solve all the world's problem in one go. As per the words and wisdom of Dr. Subramaniam Swamy (the famous 2G scam PIL petitioner in person) "act as per once capacity step by step and donot get influenced by barking bugs of the street" !

6. if you want to gain more confidence on your issues then you can come to Delhi I will take you to meet younger Judge Gogna he is a sweet little ld. Judge presiding in one of the Courts at SW Delhi now-a-days and a nice soft spoken person to ineract to.

Now show a would be Indian grooms courage and get over with marriage blues finally, now that you have all the right ammo from LCI.

All the best.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 November 2011




Tajobs has shown the way out.




Shonee Kapoor

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     07 November 2011

NO NEED TO CONVERT, just marry her .

Rajiv kXXXX (Life sciences analyst)     19 December 2011

They say that little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Same is true in case of Mr. Ramani. Too much has been made out of children being suffering from genetic diseases if born to the parents being cousins. I want to enlighten one and all that chances of acquiring genetic diseases increase only marginally in these cases (which is one in One lakh cases). It is not that every such child would suffer from these diseases!. The only major contention here is the religious or moral grounds and the law of the land. There is a lot of dfference in one' sisiter and the daughter of a maternal uncle. Hence, MR SHARMA is allright to marry the girl which he wanted to and high court judgements proves it . He should however be careful to follow the procedure outlined above.

Choco Choco (Student)     22 December 2011

@tajobs .... super cool way out. really... :D

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 December 2011


I think you mean a little knowledge and not little knowledge.

Rajiv kXXXX (Life sciences analyst)     24 December 2011

@ MR Ramani: Yes, Indeed I meant "a little knowledge"  and also sister is spelt wrong in my original entry. Thanks

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2011

Please see the advise give by Mr Qureshi. Such marriage is possible in Hindus of some areas which neither include Rajasthan nor Haryana. Your residence in Karnatake does not make you Dravid Hindu. No doubt the marriage will be illegal. Remember the peril of being accused of rape if you induce a woman to believe the eixstance of marraige and then have s*x and the marriage may not be legal. Conversion to Islam for the sake of cousine marriage or for the sake of dual marraige is not amounting to showing faith in Islam rather insulting the religion by riding on it without having actuall faith in it. Please consult the parson whether they allow cousine marriage before jumping. Not an ethical practice. Someone advised you to convert to christianity. 

sneeha (back office)     12 May 2012

Dear Mr. sunil sharma,

                            Your fathers sister is your buaa by relation.yo usi ghar se shaadi karke gayi hai.aur aaj aap unhi ki beti se shaddi karna chahte ho.yo ghar(aap ka ghar) ladki ke nani ka ghar hai. nani ke ghar to aapki lover ko beti ka maan milna chahiye.aur aap use bahu banane ki soch rahe ho.Is it right? you think for your self.



Manish (ceo)     07 June 2012

Sneeha: Your point is very illogical, if you are making Sunil feel about his relationship . Refer to the episodes of Mahabharata to open up your eyes:


In the Mahabharata, one of the two great Hindu EpicsArjuna took as his fourth wife his first and cross cousin Subhadra, the sister of Krishna. Arjuna had gone into exile alone after having disturbed Yudhisthira and Draupadi in their private quarters. It was during the last part of his exile, while staying at the Dvaraka residence of his cousins, that he fell in love with Subhadra. While eating at the home of Balaramaji, Arjuna was struck with Subhadra's beauty and decided he would obtain her as his wife. Subhadra and Arjuna's son was the tragic hero Abhimanyu. According toAndhra Pradesh oral tradition, Abhimanyu himself married his first cross-cousin Sasirekha, the daughter of Subhadra's brother Balarama.[178][179] It seems that the tradition and rules of Dwapara yuga have allowed cross cousins to marry as evident from Arjuna's marriage with Subhadra, Pradyumna's( Eldest son of SriKrishna) marriage with Rukmi's( Brother of Rukmini) daughter.Also Srikrishna himself married to cross cousin "Mitravinda"( Daughter of Vasudeva's sister Rajadhi Devi who was Queen of Avanti) and "Bhadra" ( Daughter of Vasudava's sister ShrutaKeerti who was queen of Kekaya kingdom)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register