LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pallavi   10 September 2017

How to make the partition deed of an ancestor property in Bihar

My grandfather has agriculture land and ancestor house. My grandfather is no more now. My father and uncle are only two son of my grandfather. There is a mutual partition of the property is done between my father and uncle but that is just as per mutual understanding there is nothing on paper. Now my father and uncle is paying property tax which is still on my grand father's name but my father and uncle name is also appear on that tax form. My father has Genealogy (Vanshavali) which has my father, uncle and my grand father name as well. I want my father to make a valid partition deed of the ancestor (grandfather) property so we will not have any dispute in future. And so my father has to pay property tax just for his share and just on his name. Our property is in the village of Bihar. Please let me know the valid process of making a partition deed. And get the khata and khasra number done on my father name. Thanks.


 7 Replies

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     10 September 2017

why partitionat all, conflicts anyway inevery situationhappens better be co parsoners tat is joint family and partition ledas to fragmentation then power just dwindles , ny way forclosers in any situation happens bankers are benefivciers not the owners rethink to be in a jt family , for nucleous gfamilied failed miserably, and it caused more taxation,so anyway think over better before partition is my advice.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 September 2017

Where investment and professional guidance is needed, always entrust this to a professional advocate for drafting of such internal settlements to avoid future problems.

Understand individual's limitation and professional expertise in these litigation matters.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 September 2017

You have posted about Oral Partition and estate being enjoyed as per it....................and also Legal Heir Certificate.

Visit LOCAL senior very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Revenue/civil matters having successful track record and well versed with local rules/laws and register the Partition Deed.............



Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 September 2017

Ask your counsel about prespective of Registered Family settlement 

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 September 2017

The property is jointly vested with your father and uncle. And already there has been an oral partition. It involves no legal issues in executing partition deed. Goe the property surveyed, bondaries demarcated, and get the deed drafted accordingly. You may get the professional assistance from an advocate or a document writer.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 September 2017

In addition to above you can also approach court for partition. Appoint good advocate.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 September 2017

The boundaries are also decided per amicable oral partition and estate is being enjoyed.

Prefer to get professionl services of a very able LOCAL counsel as already posted.

A senior and honest deedwriter can also  draft the deed to suitable to your matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads