Upgrad LLM

how to get the land in my name by adverse possession?

Law Student & Human Rights Activist....

There is a land in our possession for last 25 years without any interference? How to get it in my name??Please give the details....

Thanks in Advance

Advocate

Mr Ansari !

Please give furhter details ---  how you got the possession under what docuement  or it is lease or permissive possession or otherwise ?--  is not clear

It is mentieodn in Your query that the land  is in your possesion since 25 years , the saem can not be  disturbed with out due process  of law .

The land belonged to no one..It is beside our house...it was a unused land which is in our possession more than 25 years.

when land belonged to no one , definitly it belongs to State. you can not claim adverse posession against state.

Total likes : 1 times

advocate

In my opinion A property can not remain without Owener.Hence you must know who is the actual owener of the said land, if some one private,you got declaration of title by adverse possession.If you say land belong to no one then Dr. Tripathi is  RIght, definitly it belongs to state and you cannot claim adverse possession against state.

thank you mr. sarin for approving my opinion.

Thank to all of u providing the info....

verify the revenue records to ascertain who is the owner of the land

if your in possession of a government land for a long period of 30 years .... at the time of eviction you can claim compensation

are you paying any tax or charges for the land  ?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x