Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr. Jagdish Rai (Assistant Professor)     20 December 2012

How to get name in high court judgement corrected?

My name is typed wrong in the judgement in case C.W.P. No.9652 of 2011 IN THE HIGH COURT FOR THE STATES OF PUNJAB AND HARYANA AT CHANDIGARH. I found that by checking the judgement on the website of highcourt. I filed an RTI to ask who made this mistake but the PIO is denying to tell that. A lawyer told that if i try to get a certified hard copy then also it will be same as the online version, and to get the name corrected i have to file another case. I always have written my correct name Jagdish Rai in my all communication with the court, its definately a intentional or unintentional error by some clerk of court. Is there no other easy option to get spelling of my name corrected in that judgement? Please advise ....It looks like if I file another case then in that case they may make some another mistake in typing and it becomes an infinite cycle...

Learning

3 Replies

MV RAJA RAAM (High Court Advocate)     25 February 2014

as per you brief, you have to file an application to review the cause title as it was typographical mistake, if you have stated the correct name in the application on which basis, the judgment is delivered. if you have made a mistake in your application or petition, then you have file a fresh petition stating the reasons that your name is typed wrongly. 

MV RAJA RAAM (High Court Advocate)     25 February 2014

as per your brief, you have to file an application to review the cause title as it was a typographical mistake, if you have stated the correct name in the application on which basis, the judgment is delivered. if you have made a mistake in your application or petition, then you have to file a fresh petition stating the reasons that your name is typed wrongly

venkatesh Rao (Retired Government Servant)     09 February 2015

Request your advocate to file an application u/s 151 of CPC to get the typographical mistake corrected. You need not file another case at all.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register