cpc

how to get information from icici bank under rti

software engineer

Hi,

I am having ICICI bank credit card and Saving account.

I have given the cheque for credit card settlement amount. The Bank is claiming that cheque is returned. But in my saving account statement  the cheque return is not showing up.

I requested bank to provide below information under RTI

1)Copy of Banker's memo

2)Reason as to why the transaction in relation to cheque is not traversed in bank statement

3)Details regard to how cheque has been consigned to me and whether the same has delivered along with necessary acknowledgement

But bank is not responding to my RTI . Please some one help me how can I get these information under RTI from ICICI bank

Thanks & Regards,

Madolappa Biradar

Lawyer

ICICI is pvt. bank I think, so they are not covered under RTI

otherwise, to know the details of your account is your right, if the same is being denied to you then you may take the matter to consumer forum or may make a complaint to the Banking Ombudsman appointed by RBI.

Scientist/Engineer

You apply to Banking Ombudsman. First write a letter to ICICI Bank thretening them that you will write to the Ombudsman. That itself my work. Otherwise actually complain to him. If you complain to Consumer Forum, you can claim compensation also.

Retired employee.

Please issue notice to Customer grievance cell, give them some specific time and approach Banking Ombudsman or Permanent Lok Adalat or Consumer forum.

Retired employee.

Please issue notice to Customer grievance cell, give them some specific time and approach Banking Ombudsman or Permanent Lok Adalat or Consumer forum.

Scientist/Engineer

In which bank do you have savings account on which you issued the cheque? Is it the same branch or another branch of ICICI Bank Ltd.? When a cheque is returned unpaid it will be returned to the payee. In your case it is ICICI Bank. If the cheque is paid, it will be cancelled and retained by the bank on which it was issued. What exactly do you mean by saying “in my saving account statement the cheque return is not showing up.”?  If the cheque was paid there will be a debit entry in your bank pass-book or account statement. You can assume that the cheque is paid only if there was corresponding debit entry in the statement of account. If there is a debit entry not reversed, you can apply to the bank for a Xerox copy of the cancelled cheque. That will be proof of payment. Your bank may charge you a service charge for giving copy of the cheque. You can also find out from the cancelled cheque whether there was any fraudulent encashment.

proietor

this reply from dr. mps ramani is excellennt i like the answer 

software engineer

Dear sir,

The bank is claiming that cheque is returned because of insufficient amount.  But in my saving account statement there is no entry mentioning the said cheque is returned.

The Bank has not returned me cheque but they are telling now that they will return me cheque.

if cheque is returned  whether cheque return entry will be there in account statement or not? I have given the legal notice to bank asking for Banker memo but there is no reply from bank.

I have doubt bank has presented cheque or not. Shall i believe bank the cheque is really returned without entry in account statement.

Thanks & Regards,

Madolappa Biradar

Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com

Under RTI the bank ICICI is not covered

Scientist/Engineer

You have still not cleared whether the payee bank and drawee bank are one and the same. Answer to this question is important. You were the drawer of the cheque. ICICI Bank is the payee. If your bank is not ICICI Bank then the cheque is sent to your bank by ICICI Bank through clearing house. ICICI Bank will provisionally make a credit entry in their account. If the cheque is not returned unpaid within a specified number of days, the credit entry will be confirmed. If the cheque is returned unpaid then ICICI Bank will reverse the credit entry previously made. If the cheque had been paid, you will find a debit entry of that amount in your pass-book or statement of account. Now (1) is there a debit entry in your bank account? Were there sufficient funds in your account to pay the cheque? You have to give clear answer to these 2 questions. Many credit card issuing banks do not return to the drawer the unpaid cheques, nor do they even inform the credit card holder. It is your own duty to find out from your own bank account whether the cheque has been cleared. You can always easily find out points (1) and (2) above.  If the cheque had been returned due to insufficient funds in your account, how will you find any entry in your pass-book?

If the cheque amount has not been withdrawn from your account, what is the problem? You pay by another cheque or cash. Of course you will be charged service charges for the unpaid amount. But you can take up that issue separately. If you dispute and not pay, the service charges will go on mounting. It is not clear from your narration whether you, your bank or ICICI Bank is at fault.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x