LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Sai   10 March 2020

how to get grand father's property

My father & Mother died in my childhood at my age of 2 years and later on i was brought up by my grand mom (mothers mothers )and they kept their surn Name also and now in the douctments i offically became brother of my mother

my question is ,can i get my father share property from my father side

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     11 March 2020

yes, you can claim the properties on your father's name, however, a concrete advise need revealing of more facts,

Bharath (Advocate)     11 March 2020

Your question is very less informative and the issue is very complex. You should have given the details of your age and the nature of the property you are talking about. You should really consult a lawyer at your place.

The moment your father and mother passed away (If they died intestate i.e. without writing any will) you are entitled to the share of properties of your father and mother. However, your share will depend on whether there are any other 1st class heirs along with you.

You can claim that share of property by filing a suit for partition.

Now coming to the property of your grandfather(Father's father) it depends on whether the property of your grandfather is an ancestral property or self-acquired. If it is ancestral you can claim. If it is self-acquired, you cannot.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 March 2020

Even if the paternal grandfather's property is self-acquired, if he expired without writing a will, the chances are there to claim your father's share.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 March 2020

First get a bonafide birth certificate.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     11 March 2020

Theoretically yes with one or two ifs and buts. Please do contact a good Lawyer in your area with full facts.

Manoj Sai   07 April 2020

thanks for advice sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register