LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J.Saravanan   12 February 2016

How to get back the agricultural land given to lease

Hello Sir,

In my native we are having a agricultural land, and these land is given for lease by my grand father. My father was nominated as a guardian and the land was in my name. Now my father  is becoming old, so he want to handover the land to me, when he asked the lease people they are demanding some amount of land should be given to them, Please confirm whether

1, There is any law stating that land should be given to the lease people

2. Is it possible for us to get back our land, if possible what is the procedure.


There is no lease agreement between my grandfather and the lease people, the land was given on trust basis.


Please clarify our doubts.


Thank you.



J. Saravanan.


 3 Replies

I.S.Roy,Advocate (Advocate)     13 February 2016

Dear! first you verify the village record at the office of Thasildar and get the certified copies including FMB then I will advice you that how to get your lands back.


with regards

I S Roy, Advocate

J.Saravanan   18 February 2016

Sir I.S.Roy,

Thank you for your response.

Please clarify my doubt regarding the question "Is there any law stating that land should be given to the lease people". Why I am asking this question is in my native area such problem are more and it is getting solved by Katta Panchayat. In Katta Panchayat the village people will force us to give land or force us to sell the land to the lease people itself. For my land itself they are demanding 0.5 acers out of 2.5 acers

Mean time I will try to collect the FMB details.


Thank you.



J. Saravanan



Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     28 April 2016

1.  "Katta Panchayat"  is illegal and unauthorised to dictate terms for any purposes.

2.  There is no legal provision to give /sell land to lease /tenants.

3.  Firstly file police complaint and another complaint before the tehsil office, with the details.

4.  Finally file "eviction proceedings", in the local civil court, against all the encroachers.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query