Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anil kapoor (President)     28 April 2012

How to find a young aggressive, honest lawyer, in delhi?

How to find a young aggressive, hardworking, honest lawyer, in Delhi?

How and where, one can check their records of performace and success, in cases filed by them?

Senior lawyers are too expensive, plus they use the services of junior lawyers, working under them.

Learning

7 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     28 April 2012

Dear Mr.Kapoor, There is no record of the success & performance of an advocate anywhere in India. What exactly is your case about ? Feel free to talk - I am in Delhi.

anil kapoor (President)     28 April 2012

Thanks for your comments.

How do local bar associations in delhi and in the rest of india, protect the public from un-scrupulous, dishonest lawyers?

Is there any transparency in legal system of India??

abhinav3060 (lawyer)     29 April 2012

my advise to you is that you talk to mr chugh he is the best person who can help you.

PARTHA P BORBORA (advocate)     29 April 2012

In our Social System there are a lot of dishonest and corrupt persons, who may be a lawyer, may be a doctor or to be a businessman, it may be me or may be you too. But you have no right blame the entire community of lawyers. So, you should apply your own inteligence and prudence to select a lawyer or a doctor of a businessman. So, it hearts me. You may have some worst experience with your lawyer. But there are a lot of lawyer in our Society, in our country who practice law with professional dignity strictly maintaining professional ethics. Not only lawyers the there are a lot of honest, dignified, dedicated to Justice and always honest to himself, in entire Judicial System.

But, brother Pl doesn’t blame all lawyers.

anil kapoor (President)     29 April 2012

I, had to terminate the services of  four lawyers, because they had taken money from the other side. Now the fifth one is very closely monitored and watched. A lawyer from Kolkata, who read my comments in this forum, writes to me in my personal e-mail address, that his sister, who lives in delhi, facing the similar problem, as I am, about lawyers dishonesty. So what does that tell you? How others behave in different professions is not my concern right now. I am glad that you are honest and dignified, but you must ask yourself a honest question, how many honest lawyers like yourself are really there, where you work? Therefore, I ask the Government of India, to protect the reputation good decent, hard working, honest lawyers like yourself and develop some kind of transparency in the legal system of India. The Government of India should put some kind of checks and balances in place, to protect the interest of local public. There should a bar entrance exam, similar to the one in USA, Canada and other advanced countires. There should be some kind of a website, registry, where a lawyer's performance is monitored and rated for general public to view and where a complaint against a lawyers mis-conduct can be filed. This is the only way to get rid of all those un-scrupulous, dishonest, un-professional lawyers. This will also help, uplift reputation of good decent, honest lawyers like yourself. 

Democratic Indian (n/a)     29 April 2012

What kind of people are there in Government of India that makes you expect such honest and transparent steps from government?

Does government really wants a truly independent, transparent and accountable judiciary?

In India a back door or loophole is usually kept for doing every manipulation and gaming by those in power. Constitution is a document that is suppossed to keep a check on government. But if you read the Constitution, its history, its amendments, you will find many things that were done to help and protect only those in power.

Don't compare India with USA. USA has 2nd Amendment in its Constitution, do we have something similar? Why not? Because corrupt and vested interests cannot dare common people to have true and real power. They have the same thinking on the lines of former British rulers.

In USA Supreme Court judge can work as judge till death. But in India they are made to retire at a certain age, the favorite judges who gives favorable judgments for those in power before retirement may get appointed in phoney commissions or tribunals after retirement. There were news reports of some judges getting appointed even before retirement. Some judges get appointed to multiple commissions and tribunals. Is this a healthy sign? How do you check this?

anil kapoor (President)     30 April 2012

Thank you for your very valuable important observation and comments.  Your high lighting about indian constitution and it's weeknesses are absolutley right on money. Tony Blair, the previous Prime Minister of England, wrote in his memoirs, that British Constitution is non workable and obsolete. He further writes, that he wishes that England (UK) have a constitution, similar to the one USA have. Therefore, if the British Constitution is not working for England the original colonizers, then how can the same constitution work for a country like India, with so many different castes, religions and communities? Now reflecting back on the indian legal system, as is indiacted by High Court records, there are approx. 466,000 pending cases and with the current amount of judges and the courts available to hear cases, it may take over 20 years to clear the backlog. And when you appear in the court for hearing, you are given less than 2 minutes to present your case. With that kind of time allowed for an argument, how can even the best lawyer, get a fair hearing and trial, leading to quick success? Everyone will agree with me, that if the current government implement a system to improve efficiency and productivity, leading to quick trials and it's results, then most of the current ministers will end up in jails. Indira Gandhi, the previous Prime Minister of india, used the same delayed tactics, by implementing rationing on daily goods i.e. atta, sugar, ghee, even for a piece of soap etc. etc., keeping the general public busy, standing in lines to buy and collect food. And for all those of her enemies, who raised their voices against her regime  and her government, she implemented and used a puppet law called "MISA". The inaptness of the current government is the main reason behind corrupt, dishonest lawyers, ministers etc etc. How can we forget the most recent list of current dishonest lawyers, which include A. Raja. Abhishek Manu Singhvi etc. etc. And the names of P. Chidambram and his wife, both lawyers by profession, their  honesty is questionable at this point?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register