LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aravamuthan   18 July 2017

How to claim possession of property

how and where to claim possession of property if the property is used by us for 60 years?. The property is my grandpa's property and my father is enjoying it for 50 years. My father's siblings also knows about this possesion and they will not be claiming the property anaway.  

Learning

5 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     18 July 2017

Hi!

I'm confused at to how you want to claim possession of a land which you mention is:

a) Already in your constant possession

b) Ancestral property (assuming you are Hindu and your father inherited the property from his father, i.e., your grandfather. You'd have a right in such property by birth.)

If you want the property partitioned between members, on the other hand, you can do so by court's intervention; effect a proper partition with metes and bounds with the consent of all the other coparceners of the property. 

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     19 July 2017

If you are already in possession of the property how you can claim possession?Assuming that it is an ancestral property you effect a partition of the  property by court's interventionby metes and bounds  with the consent  of other  coparceners of property..

Aravamuthan   19 July 2017

Okay.Thank you madam :)

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 July 2017

Unless you have a title deed in your name, and such mutation recorded in Revenue records you are not legally entitled to transfer the property though you can possess and enjoy the same.  In case of succession problems may come and it is better to try to reduce such possession and enjoyment as title deed .

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 July 2017

Vague question (not a query) with confusing information.

Consult a local lawyer for proper appreciation of facts of the case, advise and proceed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register