Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANINDYA DAS GUPTA   07 September 2017

How to block fd with "either or survivor" clause

How to block fixed deposit with either or survivor clause ? If yes then kindly let me know the procedure. Also please let me know that If the money actually belongs to the second holder, can he block the money ?


 5 Replies

Moxit Shah   07 September 2017

Your question is not clear. But, i hope both the parties are alive.. you will have to approach Bank and request them to cancel the said clause. but, bank will ask the signature and consent of both the parties to avoid any allegation against the officer of bank. 


Moxit Shah



Not a legal problem. Procedural problem can be sorted out with the help of the bank, provided you have any direct legal concern with the issue. 


P. Venu (Advocate)     07 September 2017

What are the facts? What is the real issue?

pankaj verma   07 September 2017

yes...but if there is actually some problem u can take the stay order from the court to stop or block any withdrawal of any holder

ANINDYA DAS GUPTA   07 September 2017

Thanks everybody for your reply. I woulf like to inform you that both the parties are alive. I went to the bank several times, requested them not to pay the amount and even send a letter asked them not to pay the amount on maturity but they have paid the matured amount to the other party even on March 2007. Please let me know the procedure to get stay order from court and if possible the amount to be paid towards court fees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query