Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kevin Moses Paul   14 August 2021

Okay, so the first towards becoming an advocate/lawyer/attorney begins the pursuing LLB (i.e. graduation in Bachelor's in Law). Now, LLB can be pursued either after your basic graduation which leads to a 3 year LLB program or it could be pursued directly after a student has cleared his/her class 12th examinations which means you clear your class 12th and get yourself enrolled in an integrated law program (i.e. BA-LLB/BBA-LLB/B.Com-LLB or some other that the college has to offer) in a good law college.
Moreover, before getting into a law school make sure that the college is approved by the BCI (i.e. Bar Council of India).

Alright, so now you're enrolled in a Law School successfully, so all you need to do is study hard and get into training/internships under reputed law firms or lawyers in order to gain the basic and preliminary experience of working as an advocate.
This will help you in growing you're network and gradually in becoming a successful later on.

Now, after you're done with you graduation, you must appear for the AIBE (i.e. All India Bar Examination) and then for BCI (Bar Council of India). The BCI examination will help you in getting enrolled as a practicing Advocate in you're preferable state.

Once the BCI is complete, you're a successful authorised person who is eligible to practice as an advocate anywhere around the nation.

So these are the step by step process that you should follow in order to become an Advocate.

Hope It Helps!

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 August 2021

It is advisable to consult Bar Council of Madhaya Pardesh.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register