Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMESH KISANI (Managing Director)     09 July 2016

How to address a lady/female judge presiding in civil court

I am pleading "in person" in a Civil Suit at City Civil Court. Normaly Male Judges are addressed as

"YOUR HONOR" but now since the Presiding Judge is a Lady / Female, Please guide me how shall I address her - "YOUR LADYSHIP" is correct, or there is any other suitable title to address her in the Court? Thanks.

 3 Replies

Srinivas Rao V   09 July 2016

SImply address as : Madam, Your Honour, 

1 Like

Kamlesh Dayma (Advocate)     09 July 2016

You can address her by my Lady, my Ladyship. Your Ladyship is also correct. 

1 Like

JustAdvisor (IT)     09 July 2016

generally "your ladyship" is used for high court and above. but there is certainly no harm if you address her this way.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query