Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shree. ( Advocate.)     15 May 2008

How does one decide which Court to approach?

How does one decide which Court to approach?

Your decision will depend upon the nature of the complaint. Section 9 of the Civil Procedure Code says that, unless any special Statute bars the jurisdiction - power to adjudicate the issue - Civil Courts shall try all suits of civil nature.

For cases dealing with rented premises, you will approach the Court of Small Causes (Rent Act Court). If you have a flat in a Co operative Society, you go to the Co-operative Courts. For most other civil matters you will approach the appointed Civil Court in the hierarchy of courts.


 2 Replies

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     18 May 2008

Many states have amended several central Acts according to their own requirements.All the states have their own Buildings Control Acts and other local laws.Choosing the forum depends on these facts also.

Guest (n/a)     22 May 2008

hi pleasure to join

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register